JOHN DEERE 650 TRACTOR IDIOT LIGHTS

/ JOHN DEERE 650 TRACTOR IDIOT LIGHTS #1  

mrrog

Tractor
BCS 735, '05 KUBOTA BX 1500 LOADER
Here's one for you JD gurus out there. I just bought an '85 650. A nice clean old tractor with all original paint. (no cracked or repainted welds). It does sound like a bucket of bolts while running. But I assume that it just sounds like a two cylinder diesel. After bringing the baby home I realized the oil pressure and water temp lights were not working. Only the battery charging idiot light is working. I hate to put it to work without knowing that these other two systems are good to go. I figured on just changing the bulbs but it looks like I'm going to have to dis-assemble the whole dash and gas tank cowling assembly to get at the bulbs. It also has a herd top cabin. There is an inspection plate under the steering wheel but it doesn't seem to give me access to the bulbs. Anyone got a clue?? The dash panel is black plastic but I don't think that it would be wise to try to pry it up to allow access. Or does it sound like a sending unit failure? Thanks for reading my inquiry.

/ JOHN DEERE 650 TRACTOR IDIOT LIGHTS #2  
Are there 4 screws holding the instrument panel in place? looks like it in jdparts.com for this model.

Then the part holding the light bulbs attaches to that panel. I'm thinking...

/ JOHN DEERE 650 TRACTOR IDIOT LIGHTS
Hi beenthere, checked out the jdparts site. You need to be a calculous major to figure out how to navigate to what you need. Finally found the instrument panel diagram. They want you to buy the manual so they only give you a preview with no nomenclature. My panel doesn't have any screws holding it down. Perhaps those four little **** sticking down from the bottom of the panel are plastic locating or snap in posts. I hate to start prying on 40 year old plastic to find out. Thanks for the heads up though. Looks like I'm going to have to buy the book.

/ JOHN DEERE 650 TRACTOR IDIOT LIGHTS #4  
mrrog
Try this link to get to parts site.. works for me.
John Deere - Parts Catalog

May just be easiest to remove the cowling, and have attached this pic of what it looks like in parts. Usually the dealer parts person will also bring up the pics on their screen and make a printed copy, I've found.

Good luck.

Attachments

• 650_cowling.jpg
    650_cowling.jpg
    180.2 KB · Views: 847
   / JOHN DEERE 650 TRACTOR IDIOT LIGHTS #5  
Hey folks,

Somewhat unrelated here, but I'm having trouble finding the JD650 page with the online parts catalog. The search function is terrible.

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated!

/ JOHN DEERE 650 TRACTOR IDIOT LIGHTS #7  
My little yanmar is similar to your 650. If you take the front panel off (item #7) you might be able to get at it from there. Reaching up from the panel?

Edit ---- item #6

/ JOHN DEERE 650 TRACTOR IDIOT LIGHTS #9  
I have a PDF of the Deere Tech manual and the parts manual you're welcome to, shoot me your email if wanted

Joe