2030 Hydraulic Noise

/ 2030 Hydraulic Noise #1  

jhertenstein

Tractor
John Deere 2030
Hello all,

I have a 70's vintage 2030. I recently had to have the brake pads replaced because they were deteriorating and plugging up the hydraulic intake. Now I'm hearing a new noise that seems to be coming from the hydraulic pump. This is confirmed by actuating one of the loader valves which changes or eliminates the noise. Is the pump bad? There doesn't seem to be any loss in hydraulic power.

As a separate issue both the loader and the three point will "drift" lower even with the tractor running at a high RPM. What causes this effect?

Thanks in advance for your support.
Hertenstein

/ 2030 Hydraulic Noise #2  
1st thing I suggest to check is condition of frt hyd pump drive coupler. Moving of hyd components such as 3 pt or loader while control isn't actuated could indicate leaking cyl seals or internal leaking control valve

/ 2030 Hydraulic Noise
1st thing I suggest to check is condition of frt hyd pump drive coupler. Moving of hyd components such as 3 pt or loader while control isn't actuated could indicate leaking cyl seals or internal leaking control valve

Thanks. The control valve is pretty noise and makes a high pitched "hissing" sound which I assume is fluid leaking through.