Looking for John Deere #5 mower part.

/ Looking for John Deere #5 mower part. #1  

mdross1

Silver Member
Tractor
John Deere 70
I need one more part to finish my #5 mower restoration, Z1300H Support Standard. It bolts to the left front of the machine and is the bracket that holds the pipe for when parking the mower.

/ Looking for John Deere #5 mower part. #2  
I'll bet if you went to a museum and took a few picture you could make one and very few people would know the difference.

/ Looking for John Deere #5 mower part. #4  
A pic or two of the restore would be helpful.. and of interest to learn more about your project (or a link to the thread if in another one). tks

/ Looking for John Deere #5 mower part.
DSCN2233.JPGAs far as progress pictures during the restoration of implements hardly ever do that other than when restoring the tractors. this #5 was in excellent mechanical condition other than a lot of rust and much needed cleaning and painting. All wear items seals and gaskets were replaced on the machine. The cutter bar got all new guards, wear plates, hold downs, grass board and stick. This machine also has two knives and pitman sticks. All it needs now is minor adjustment

Attachments

• DSCN2251.JPG
    DSCN2251.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 143
  • DSCN2252.JPG
    DSCN2252.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 119
   / Looking for John Deere #5 mower part. #6  
And then you tease us with just a few pictures of the mower!! What model of tractor is in front of the mower? It looks pretty good too! And in the background.... There's this plow with what looks like it could be an interesting tractor also.

Edit: I see by your avatar that the big tractor is a model 70

/ Looking for John Deere #5 mower part.
And then you tease us with just a few pictures of the mower!! What model of tractor is in front of the mower? It looks pretty good too! And in the background.... There's this plow with what looks like it could be an interesting tractor also.

Edit: I see by your avatar that the big tractor is a model 70

The mower is hooked behind a 60 which I restored near 12 yrs ago. I used that tractor for plowing and pulling a progressive sled at the fairs till the 70 bug bit me. The plows, two bottom 16's hooked behind the 70 were bought and restored near 15 yrs ago. The 70 restoration was a chore with stuck engine, bad power steering and governor. It turned out amazingly well already a trophy winner at the pulls. We are having our plow days this coming weekend an event I look forward to every year usually a couple dozen tractors or more show up to plow and harrow.

You tube has video's of us at plow days one of them is: "Plow Day in Gorham Maine" It opens with the 60 idling in the back ground and me telling the world how I look forward to plow days every year. PS the 60 is a 1955 I was nervous speaking to a camera the 50 I restored before the 60 was a 1953.