New Generation SCV cap/plugs/covers

/ New Generation SCV cap/plugs/covers #1  

FarmHack

Tractor
1961 John Deere 3010D, 1950 Ford 8N
Has anyone found a source for covers/caps/plugs for the female plugs on the SCV outlets? The original covers are long gone from my 3010 and I'd like to find a way to keep them clean. Would prefer something original looking, but an aftermarket alternative is fine too. I've only seen covers/caps for the male ends of the hoses. As I understand it, the originals looked like this (credits to TractorData.com):
SCV covers.jpg
My remote receptacles are not going to stay clean with all the Fall bush hogging I'm doing, which is kicking up a lot of dust in what used to be nice, clean ports:
IMG_0007 (3).jpg

/ New Generation SCV cap/plugs/covers #2  
You can get the plastic-rubber ones, rubber ones as you have shown or aluminum ones with rubber O-rings.

These guys have or had them all. If you want longevity, aluminum with the o-rings would be the way to go. :thumbsup:

/ New Generation SCV cap/plugs/covers
MtnViewRanch - Thanks for the reply. I perused their web site and didn't find any metal ones that would fit, but I sent them an email describing what I'm looking for, so hopefully they will respond back with something that will work.

/ New Generation SCV cap/plugs/covers #4  
MtnViewRanch - Thanks for the reply. I perused their web site and didn't find any metal ones that would fit, but I sent them an email describing what I'm looking for, so hopefully they will respond back with something that will work.

I have purchased all 3 types from them over the past couple of years. So they have had them at some point in time.

If they don't have them anymore, I still have some and you are welcome to them. What I have are for std 1/2" AG type couplers.

Very generous offer, MtnViewRanch. Thank you. I will let you know what I find out. Hopefully they can tell me if the plugs they have fit the older John Deere "cone" type plugs/receptacles, as opposed to the more modern Pioneer profile. I know the two are very similar, and maybe since it's just a cap, it will fit either. But I do know they aren't fully compatible hydraulically.

/ New Generation SCV cap/plugs/covers #6  
K&K antique tractors has some dust plugs. Look at very bottom item but you may not like them because they're the later style. IMHO the later plastic style listed are easier to plug in/remove than the original metal ones. YMMV.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    64.9 KB · Views: 267
Holey Moley, K&K is less than 30 minutes from my house. Thanks, Tx Jim. I will definitely pursue that. Looks like a very good possibility they will have what I am looking for.

Tx Jim and MtnViewRanch - Thanks again for your input. Not only did K&K Antique Tractors have the AR52623 hydraulic plugs in stock, but they arrived in my mailbox the next day. That's one more thing taken care of on the old 3010.

Chain retention.jpg

Plugs from KK.jpg

/ New Generation SCV cap/plugs/covers #9  
   / New Generation SCV cap/plugs/covers #10  
Farmhack
You're welcome.
Jim