JD720 D INJECTORS?

/ JD720 D INJECTORS? #1  

ipopeyei

Tractor
John Deere
HELLO HELP!
Running my 57 720D down the road and stops running right. Found that the cotter pin in the decompression control rod was missing and therefore I was running without compression for a while. Fixed the control rod. But now tractor won't start - well it sort of starts, but wont run right. Could the fact that I ran it a while without compression have screwed up the injectors???? Thanks for any help.

/ JD720 D INJECTORS? #2  
I will try, but expert. I have been a round a 730. The 720 and 730 were almost identical. The 730 had a decompression pedal. You stepped on the pedal, got the engine really turning,let up on the pedal and she'd start. What I don't understand is if you stepped on the pedal it would kill the engine. A diesel will not run without compression. My best guess is maybe you do not have something quite right with the pedal- rod setup. I might be wrong ,but I don't think you have harmed anything but just don't have sometching quite right. A diesel will not start or run without compression. With no compression the engine will turn ove rather fast,but never "hit" or fire. If the engine is running and loose compression (ie step on the decompression pedal) it will just die. The trouble you might have is if it screwed up at the rod-engine connection and not the rod-pedal connection, that might pretty complicated real fast. That is one I'm not real sure on. Hope this helps,