JD 400 1968 backhoe diesel Throttle / governor control

/ JD 400 1968 backhoe diesel Throttle / governor control #1  

richardhuey

Tractor
JD400 Wheel Machine (Backhoe)
Several problems with throttle. It was sticking. Wouldn't shut off. Screw at rack and pinion gear / lever broke off. Unable to find source for parts.
Should the sleeve, valve, idle adjusting screws be removed and cleaned, o-rings replaced, etc.

Any guidance appreciated

/ JD 400 1968 backhoe diesel Throttle / governor control #2  
I think your fuel system should be listed here:

John Deere Parts Catalog

Identify the broken parts and approach your local JD dealer?

/ JD 400 1968 backhoe diesel Throttle / governor control
I think your fuel system should be listed here:

John Deere Parts Catalog

Identify the broken parts and approach your local JD dealer?

We have identified the parts need but several nearby JD Parts people don't carry parts this old.
We are in the process of using "baiing wire" so it may work.

Don't have the nerve to remove the sleeve to clean it up, replace o-rings, etc. Hoping to hear from someone who has done that.

/ JD 400 1968 backhoe diesel Throttle / governor control #4  
Nobody will 'stock' the parts for an engine that old. But any JD dealer should be willing to order an item or three, by part number, from the factory/warehouse.

/ JD 400 1968 backhoe diesel Throttle / governor control #6  
Parts are NLA . My pump leaks at the rack and the service manual says DO NOT remove the sleeve for some reason. SSB tractor has an after market pump.

/ JD 400 1968 backhoe diesel Throttle / governor control #7  
The rack & pinion are extremely hard to find.. The "gear" can be flipped to use the unstripped portion but the rack is another story..
JD dealer will not carry those parts. The pump is made by Roosa Master, now Stanadyne..
I have hundreds of old parts for those pumps, but like I said.. the gear & racks are very hard to come by..
If you need further assistance contact me at> thepumpguysc at a o l dot com..
Gonna need the #'s off your pump name plate..