Passed from my great grandpa, to my grandpa, to me

/ Passed from my great grandpa, to my grandpa, to me #1  

aorton10

Tractor
1951 John Deere MT
Then hopefully to my son one day. 1951 (we believe) John Deere model MT. Partially restored by my grandpa before giving it to me a couple of weeks ago. It still needs a new battery but that's about it. I don't know much about engines so I'm glad it runs. It used to have headlights but for some reason they were removed years ago. Hoping to put them back on at some point. Other than that I'll keep it as is. This is my first tractor, and now I'm in love. I'll be needing more! IMG_20171216_111321_175.jpg

/ Passed from my great grandpa, to my grandpa, to me #2  
Welcome to TBN

Nice tractor. What are your plans for using it?

Bruce

/ Passed from my great grandpa, to my grandpa, to me #3  
Nice looking tractor.. Caution, it's addictive.

/ Passed from my great grandpa, to my grandpa, to me #4  
welcome to the forum. Nice machine. I love seeing stories like this. Enjoy and be careful getting used to it.

/ Passed from my great grandpa, to my grandpa, to me
Welcome to TBN

Nice tractor. What are your plans for using it?

Bruce
It was mainly given to me to keep it in the family. But I'll get plenty of use out of it. I have a blade for snow and a mower for a few acres behind the house. I would like to get a tiller attachment at some point, but I'm confused on what will work with this. This is all very new to me, but I don't believe it's a 3 point system, it's something older so I'm not sure what I can use with it.

/ Passed from my great grandpa, to my grandpa, to me #8  
Good looker. More pics would be welcome.

:welcome: to TBN

/ Passed from my great grandpa, to my grandpa, to me #10  
Thanks. And is there one from the rear showing the lift on your blade?