model m help

/ model m help #1  

ironhayden86

Tractor
JOHN DEERE MODEL M
My model m seems to be misfiring. I changed the plugs, points and codencer, coil. It starts up and tries to run normal but just misses or sounds out of time. I didn't mess with the timing at all. When it first started it would go in cycles it would run fine for a few minutes then it would miss then repeat. I thought it was going to be the coil but that was a fail. Any imput would be helpfull. It was running fine be fore this happened.

/ model m help #2  
"It starts up and tries to run normal but just misses"
Does the motor stop running?

/ model m help
It stays running just sounds like it's missing enough that it can't run normal.

/ model m help #4  
Just for giggles, when it starts to miss, give it full choke for just a second or two, and see if it straightens up some. After changing all of that, and no difference, sounds more like a fuel issue to me. Like maybe a speck of dirt in the main jet, or the cross drilled holes in the discharge nozzle are partially plugged, making it run a bit lean.

/ model m help
Well I tore the carb apart and cleaned it put it back on and no luck. So then I decided I would change the condenser again as I had a space one on hand. Pesto tractor runs great again. So I guess I just had a bad one from tractor supply that only last 2-3hrs of work before it died. But at least it's fixed.

/ model m help #6  
I like happy endings as such :thumbsup: ....thanks for the update.

/ model m help #7  
So easy, and all too common these days, to get bad condensers.

Tks for reporting back on your fix.