Hard to find parts?

/ Hard to find parts? #1  

CodemanLivs

Tractor
Case 530 & 580CK
I have a 1974 jd 410G, gas engine "not diesel". All the parts suppliers online dont recognise it they all say " 410 G? What's a G? The 410 didnt come out til the 90's."
Ok well the metal plate attached to my tractor clearly says 410-G 1974. Its a straight 4cyl gas engine. Been sitting for close to 10 years. I need to r&r the distributor and can't seem to find the parts. Or at least the someone that knows if their parts will be an exact match. Im wondering if there is another model JD that used the same motor that I can use as a reference to get the parts I need? My model is not an option in any of the drop down lists on the websites I'm searching. And im trying to avoid going to JD and paying dealer prices. Any help would be much appreciated

/ Hard to find parts? #2  
   / Hard to find parts? #3  
in 1975 the gas option on a JD tractor 2030 was 4cyl 219.4 ci . . I would suspect this would be the same engine in your backhoe and the parts should cross over

/ Hard to find parts? #4  
What Prestolite dist parts are you needing? You can view the parts schematic at JDparts .com

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    88.5 KB · Views: 90
   / Hard to find parts? #5  
This is a pretty common mistake, the G you are referencing is for engine and transmission style. G not being a very common engine/tranny code but B and D where very common making many 410 owners think they have a 410b or a 410d when they actually just have a 410. This is something most yellow iron dealers are aware of as they have ordered many a part out of the 410b or d book only to later find out customer actually has a 410. So they almost always ask the vintage of the machine to identify the correct one. Probably not something that the online sellers are completely aware of. This was only a problem on 10 series units, for example a real 410d would have 410d in the s/n plus a tranny code making it easier to tell that it is actually a d. So long story short if there is only 1 code it's a strait 10 series if there is 2 alpha codes then you can use the first alpha for the rest of the model.

Last edited: