Picked up a DK45SE HST Saturday . . .

/ Picked up a DK45SE HST Saturday . . . #1  

mark.r

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kioti DK45SE
Finally!!!! I can post. I joined the forum last week and could only view threads. I read a lot of good information but unfortunately I could not ask any of the questions that I wanted to. So I had to go with my gut and the fact that the dealer is less than a half mile up the road from my house. I ended up with with the DK45SE w 401 loader, 7ft. finishing mower, 6ft. Land Pride Rotary mower, and 7ft. Land Pride rear scraper blade. My reason for upgrading was more or less time. We moved onto a small farm last winter and inherited a Ford 1220. It wasn't the prettiest thing but it ran pretty good and pretty much did the job of mowing, cleaning 5 stables, and moving material. But since the spring/summer has arrived both my wife and I realized that I spend way too much time on the tractor trying to get stuff done. We have about 5.5 acres and are hoping to pick up another 2.5 in in the next couple years. We also have an elderly couple that lives close by that has 4-5acres and I offered to do their fields too. So long story short the 1220 was cutting it (pun intended) but not very efficiently. So why the DK45 you may ask. Kioti has at the very least 3 other models that would have fit the bill. I will simply chalk it up to me being a big time gear head and live by the creed that you can never have enough horse power. So it was the DK45SE for us. Here is a picture from this past Saturday. The Land Pride items came tonight.

551_KIOTI_DK45SE_HST_DELIVERY_.JPG

/ Picked up a DK45SE HST Saturday . . . #2  
Congrats on the new DK45SE! Very nice!! I have 43 hours on my CK20HST and loving it. I was going to go up to the CK30HST, but the size was a limiting factor for doing landscaping around homes. I need to get in really tight and the 30 is too long and a little to wide. I wish Kioti would put the CK25 engine in the CK20 frame.

/ Picked up a DK45SE HST Saturday . . .
Thanks!!! The one advantage we have is that we literally have 5 acres of field and maybe .4 acres of house and yard driveway!!! I am going to get a used zero turn mower to replace the 5ft. finisher I was using for virtually everything prior to this new Kioti purchase. Otherwise, a weed eater and a push mower pretty much gets me far enough away from the house and the shrubs to get everything else. I did do about and acre of brush cutting tonight with the Land Pride unit. Worked like a charm. I still have about 2 acres left to do at my neighbors to do later this week.

/ Picked up a DK45SE HST Saturday . . . #4  
Congrats on the new machine, I'm sure you'll be very happy with it.

/ Picked up a DK45SE HST Saturday . . . #5  
Good luck with your 45. They are nice tractors and hopefully you will have many years of trouble free operation.

/ Picked up a DK45SE HST Saturday . . . #6  
good luck concrats.

Thanks again. It does indeed seem like a very nice piece of machinary. With the lack of rain here there not a lot of grass to mow but there are some fields with some tall grass I am going to run the rotary through this weekend. Should be fun indeed.:)

I took some pics before I started my mowing tonight . . .

My old Ford 1220 that has been painted at least three times. Served us well and still runs like top. Actually only has 1300 hours on the clock. It will go on the market soon.
DSC02513%20(2).JPG

The new machine. My mowing time has been cut in half . . . at the very least.
DSC02516%20(2).JPG

DSC02514%20(2).JPG

7ft. rear scraper blade
DSC02511%20(2).JPG

7ft. finisher mower
DSC02512%20(2).JPG

6ft. rotary brush mower
DSC02515%20(2).JPG

Nice view, had about 3 acres to do tonight. Got about 2 done before it got dark. This is one of my neighbors fields.

DSC02522%20(2).JPG

DSC02523%20(2).JPG

DSC02518%20(2).JPG

DSC02520%20(2).JPG

DSC02521%20(2).JPG

/ Picked up a DK45SE HST Saturday . . . #9  
Cool pictures, that is a very nice looking machine.

/ Picked up a DK45SE HST Saturday . . . #10  
Very nice machine.

The pasture looks pretty clean, I'm surprised your not haying it.