IS THIS GOOD OR BAD FOR KIOTI

/ IS THIS GOOD OR BAD FOR KIOTI #21  
MessickFarmEqu said:
Good point. Challanger sure did not last long in CATs hands.
Either I missed something or that is an erroneous statement.
Which is it?

/ IS THIS GOOD OR BAD FOR KIOTI #22  
Kioti did not buy Bobcat it was another s. Korean firm, Doosan (already owns Daewoo, who make skid steers). I wonder if they will market the daewoo skid steers now as Bobcat? Nevermind, this is about KIOTI.

As a dealer, I don't see a big problem. Another layer of distribution should mean that Bobcat's prices will be higher than what we as Kioti dealers can market the same or similar tractor at. We had this two or three years ago when Cub Cadet sold some of the DK series Kiotis under their colors and decals. If someone buys it because its a Bobcat at an assumed higher selling price, they probably would not have bought KIOTI anyway. Some customers just want a name and are totally oblivious to the product itself. HP and price, don't confuse them with facts (or specifications)!

It should increase brand credibility and if it increases production levels at the plant, perhaps costs can be reduced on certain models. It could increase selection as Bobcat will likely want some models not currently in the lineup. Perhaps a further enhanced (hydrostatic?) version of the LK3054TLB package?

time will tell....

/ IS THIS GOOD OR BAD FOR KIOTI #24  
So, we have a Kubota dealer in Kalispell who I compete with regularly. We are an ASV dealer and have about 20 machines in inventory and they are a Bobcat dealer who has about the same.

There is a large Doosan dealer about 20 minutes away in Columbia Falls. So, Doosan owns Bobcat, will use Daedong engines cutting out Kubota (if I understand correctly) then who get the dealership? Will the Kubota dealer keep Bobcat with Daedong engines or will the Doosan dealer take over the dealer territoy. By the way the Doosan dealer has been primarily large excavators and not compact stuff but since Doosan has mini excavators and competes with Kubota on that level that that just really muddys the water.

Personally, I think this helps me to sell more ASV's and Daedong powered tractors. No matter which way it goes it will be good for our sales I think. Yipee!

Maka

/ IS THIS GOOD OR BAD FOR KIOTI #25  
MessickFarmEqu said:
The line sold to Agco after only a few years.
It was the name placement thing. Really wasn't sold, well but anyway.
The Cats changed to Challenger after the deal.

/ IS THIS GOOD OR BAD FOR KIOTI #26  
I have not made up my mind on this deal yet. The Bobcat name should help accelerate kioti business to be able to maintain 24 hour days in korea as planned.

BUT..... we dealers who already have Kioti know it is sometimes hard to get the supply we need now. This could be a further set back on kioti standing behind us dealers.

/ IS THIS GOOD OR BAD FOR KIOTI #27  
I've never heard of Doosan before. They sell excavators here in the US ? Maybe I should come down off my little paridise hill and get out more.

As far as hurting dealerships goes - My Kioti dealer is 2 hours away, they have been great but there is a Bobcat dealer about 20 minutes away. Hummm.

/ IS THIS GOOD OR BAD FOR KIOTI #28  
Maka said:
So, Doosan owns Bobcat, will use Daedong engines cutting out Kubota (if I understand correctly) then who get the dealership? Will the Kubota dealer keep Bobcat with Daedong engines or will the Doosan dealer take over the dealer territoy.

I don't think anyone has said anything about changing the engine. I guess it depends how closely tied these companies become. It makes sense for Bobcat to sell Kioti product to widen their offering, but there is no real incentive to change engines unless there is a cost savings to them or somthing. Its not like they bought them out or anything, their just providing product like TYM, Yanmar, Etc.

/ IS THIS GOOD OR BAD FOR KIOTI #29  
Hi Neil. The rumor has been around before this purchase for some time. We had heard that Daedong was going to be supplier for engines to Bobcat and those rumors started about 6-8 months ago.

I heard that the 4 companies interested in Bobcat was Kubota, Case, Doosan & Terex. If Kubota was in fact a suitor and they lost the bid then could there be bad blood? If Daedong does in fact brand tractors for Bobcat and supplies Daedong engines in Bobcats then would Kubota dealers be likely to sell those products if they have been Bobcat dealers for years? I just can't see a Badged Daedong for Bobcat sitting next to Kubotas or Kubota dealers selling Daedong powered skid steers. If this happens then this would give Kioti dealers some great sales opportunities, I would think.

I have a great deal of respect for your insight on these forums as all do so your thoughts on this are appreciated.

This is all very interesting stuff.

Maka

/ IS THIS GOOD OR BAD FOR KIOTI #30  
Cat ran the Challenger line of tracked tractors for more then a few years, the original Challenger 65 came out in 1986 and Cat ran them for almost 20 years until Agco took them on around 2005.

The biggest problem was Cat wouldn't commit to the ag side of things. The Cat construction dealers for the most part didn't want to mess with the ag tractors. However, where there are good Cat ag dealers they sold a lot of Challengers and Lexions. Deere is still trying to build a tracked Ag tractor that can compete with the Challenger.

As for Bobcat replacing their Kubota engines with Kioti engines I don't think that will happen. Bobcat uses the Kubota engines as a major selling point for their equipment. But who knows, new owners have new ideas and at this point anything can happen:rolleyes:

I wonder if the Bobcat dealers who sell Kubota tractors will take on the Bobcat tractors or just keep selling the Kubota line?