Sell/buy prices for CK20HST?

/ Sell/buy prices for CK20HST? #1  

chelydra

Silver Member
Tractor
Ditch Witch
I am thinking of moving next year. Would hope to end up with a couple of acres and start landscaping all over again. My Kioti has worked out well for this, but might be cheaper to sell and replace than move - I figure at least $1000 to trailer it across country.

Current setup is CK20HST with KL120, KB2365, toothbar and 12" and 24" BH buckets. Almost three years old, and about to turn over 200 hrs.

What might this be worth if I sold it privately or through a dealer in the MA area? What would a new (or similarly near-new) setup cost in the Pacific Northwest?

Thanks-

Chelydra

/ Sell/buy prices for CK20HST? #2  
I have one on my lot right now for $13,500.00 It has around 300 hours on it.
It is a CK20 tractor loader backhoe.

/ Sell/buy prices for CK20HST? #3  
cheldra,
I'm looking for a ck20 hst. What would you have to get for your package. I'm in NH.
Ray

/ Sell/buy prices for CK20HST?
Thanks for the public and private responses.

The way I figured it when I bought this beast was that I'd complete the heavy landscaping in about five years, then sell it and rent as needed. Meanwhile, I could delay buying a new snowblower, if it ever snows in Boston again anyway. As it tuned out, it only took about two years to do all the heavy lifting - the CK20HST is amazingly capable and versatile.

I paid about $18k for TLB and spare bucket, including tax (wanted to support local dealer) and delivery. Figured if I could get five years, 500 hours and $12k back at the end of that, total ownership costs including maintenance and fluids should come out to about $25/hour. That would be about the same as renting, or a little cheaper, and be hugely more convenient - always here when you need it, and I mostly plan about an hour's machine use at a time.

And it does move snow, even if the loader blade isn't really good for driveways - great for clearing the highway department's mountains at the end, though. Easier to use since I added a couple of mushroom skid pads.

How do other folks calculate cost of ownership?

-Chelydra

/ Sell/buy prices for CK20HST? #5  
chelydra said:
How do other folks calculate cost of ownership?

-Chelydra

It sounds like the way you explain taking the depreciation over the hours used is a fine way to measure cost of ownership.

I am always working on a different project. Wether it's building a rock wall, pulling stumps, grading the driveway, landscaping, patios, walkways, etc... I like to figure a price for a particular job and subtract what it cost me in gas, maintainence, etc... then subtract the difference from the purchase price.
Sometimes I get prices from local excavators/landscapers for comparison.

When it pays itself off, I will be happy. :D So far I have done about $8000 in work with it in 2 years and 265 hours on the clock.