Kioti DK65S - 15' Bushhog

/ Kioti DK65S - 15' Bushhog #1  

land66

Can a Kioti DK65S handle a 15' Bushhog mower?

/ Kioti DK65S - 15' Bushhog #2  
Here is what someone posted in another thread...

"I have a dk55c that has 120 hours now. No problems at all. I use it this weekend to pull a 15 foot terain king batwing mower and it worked very well. Air conditioning is very good. I am in west texas"

I would make sure your dealer does size the proper cutter to the tractor.
Different manufactures of cutter require different pto hp.
I am sure you will be able to find one that will work for your needs.
I willl be happy to do the search for you if you are interested.
Rick

/ Kioti DK65S - 15' Bushhog
Thank you for the offer. The dealer is suggesting a Woods 15 foot mower instead of Bush hog. I tested the DK65s this weekend with a Woods 10 foot mower and it did fine other than the fact that the tractor got hot several times, one time in the red. It was about 95 degrees and I was cutting pretty thick sunflower. I have a real concern this tractor will handle the Woods 15 foot bat wing cutter in normal conditions.

/ Kioti DK65S - 15' Bushhog #4  
I have customs that use 15 foot Woods and does well, in real heavy grass it will pull down some.

/ Kioti DK65S - 15' Bushhog #5  
I have the DK65 with a 15' batwing made by Taylorway. Like one of the guys said above, it will pull down in thick grass, but you just downshift. I generally go in high range, gears 1-4 depending on the height and thickness of the growth, on level ground. I have not noticed the tractor indicating any heating problems, although one time when i stopped, there was a twig smoldering next to the exhaust stack. After pulling it out and burning my finger, I figured there had been a good deal of heat put out by the motor, but the cooling system was keeping up fine.
Oh yeah, of course the AC was one and it was a very hot day. For my money, I decided to downshift in the thick stuff rather than pay a fortune for a tractor that could loaf through it, but be too much for everything else.
I was concerned with the pto switch/solenoid being too sudden (being used to manual clutches that you can slowly play out, like an old John Deere), but it seems to work just fine if you engage/disengage in idle.