USED DK35 TLB for $20000 good deal?

/ USED DK35 TLB for $20000 good deal? #1  

ladracer

Newbie here, have been lurking on here for some time. like the kiotis on paper have yet to sit on one.

looking for my first tractor. want 25-40 hp, need 25 hp...as far as i can tell.

have 3.5 acres of super sandy soil and plan on moving a bunch of dirt initially and from time to time for fun with the kids, digging some for a few projects from time to time, but mowing primarily.

was leaning toward the 30HST with loader. new i can buy one for 16,800 out the door.

i have never bought a new car and i like the idea of someone else taking the initially hit on depreciation, so i have been combing the used ads.

in my search i came across a dk35 with kl1450 loader and kb2375 backhoe.

it has less than 200 hours and is a gear drive. it seems like a perfect fit except for the gear drive. reading these boards it appears for loader work i should really on get HST.

questions:

1. is $20,000 (no tax on used) great, good, fair, or poor for the above machine assuming in very good condition?
2. if the seller is negotiable what would be considered a a very good deal?
3. should i pass and wait for an HST to come along?

thanks for any help

/ USED DK35 TLB for $20000 good deal? #2  
I don't think that is such a great price. The earlier model DK35 TLB is a fine tractor but it is an older model and gear. At 20,000 the only current model with HST and a BH you could get would be a CK20 or possibly a CK25 but both of those would have a lot more features, 4 year warranty, and zero hours. You could also get zero percent financing on them.

It is not a huge step up to a CK30 TLB and even the DK35se configured as a TLB should be available for about 25K.

I would think the older DK35 TLB would be worth something closer to $15-16K. That is a couple of thousand less than a new CK20 TLB.

I did similar work to what you are describing on 5 acres with a CK20 TLB and was very happy with it.

/ USED DK35 TLB for $20000 good deal? #3  
ladracer I sent you a PM.

/ USED DK35 TLB for $20000 good deal? #4  
I'd agree, not such a great deal. I got my DK45se with a couple attachments for not much more than that.