New backhoe for CK25

/ New backhoe for CK25 #1  

KiotiKevin

Silver Member
Tractor
Kioti NX4510
I am getting a new KB2475 backhoe for my CK25. Could someone tell me what's necessary as far as hydraulic kits go. the dealer mentioned an additional remote connection in case I want to run something else off the back but says the backhoe will work without it. I am looking for the easiest way to hook up my backhoe and remove it to use the other impliments. Could someone tell me exactly what I need or any suggestions ? Pics would be nice if anyone has any. Thanks

KiotiKevin

/ New backhoe for CK25 #2  
Do you have a rear remote now? If you do, does it lock into either position? If so, this is the one you want for the backhoe. There are two factory remotes available as add ons that I am aware of, one has a detent to keep it in position, the other is a spring return. I have the detent one on my CK30.

Steve
Nova Scotia

/ New backhoe for CK25
Hi Steve,
Thanks for the reply. I am not sure what to look for. If I had a picture of what it looks like otherwise I am lost.

Kevin
Cape Breton

/ New backhoe for CK25 #4  
Kevin:
The single remote valve kit will be the one you need for a backhoe
connection. It is the detented one that Steve refers to. That is all
you have to ask your parts guy. Install instructions are included and
it is not hard. (You do not need to remove the fender.) I power my
backhoe this way.

There is another way to get hyd power to the rear for a backhoe,
which involves no valve. It is a diverter connection off your hyd
block. This is the so-called "power beyond" setup. Not as good
or convenient as the above valve.

Post some pix of your new 2475...I have yet to see one.

/ New backhoe for CK25 #5  
KiotiKevin said:
Hi Steve,
Thanks for the reply. I am not sure what to look for. If I had a picture of what it looks like otherwise I am lost.

Kevin
Cape Breton
Kevin, here is a link to some pics of my 'new' CK30, at the bottom of the page is a pic of the remote connections and next to it are pics of the control levers. Click on the thumbnails to see full size pic.

CK30HST

HTH

/ New backhoe for CK25 #6  
If you don't mind, what is the BH costing you? I am thinking of adding one to my CK25 as well... If you don't want to discuss publicly, please send me a PM.

Thanks
Tim

/ New backhoe for CK25 #7  
3 different ways to do it.
Hose kit-
PTO Pump Kit-
Hydraulic Remote Kit-
The Remote Kit is by far the most versatile. You can use it for other stuff.
Hose kit is usually the cheapest but not by all that much.
PTO pump kit offers no added features and actually runs the hoe slower.
The only "upside" to the pump kit, over time hydrualic fittings drip whether it be from disconnection or other reason.
It is also easier to contaminate the remote set-up if you aren't careful with the lines.
The pump kit is not going to leak unless something comes loose.

BTI

/ New backhoe for CK25 #8  
As of the three ways mentioned, I first did the hose kit for my CK30hst. Cheapest way, about $125, it works fine but all you have is a place to get hydraulic power with crawling under the tractor everytime to turn a valve. The remote with detent is what I put on next after I learned. About $300 but now it has so many uses. You can power just about anything with just moving the lever beside your seat and having constant control at anytime. The PTO pump kit is expensive but does keep the bh hydraulics separate from the tractor's. If I was starting out from the beginniing, I'd install the single remote kit. If you ever need another remote, there is a second add on remote. If you want the hose kit, I have one that was used for one year. It will go very cheap if interested.

/ New backhoe for CK25
WOW - thanks guys for the insight. This certainly helps me understand the process for the installation. The dealer is going to install it for me. I just wanted to understand what were the best options (&cost) because I was only going to do this once , the same as I researched before I bought my Kioti almost four years ago and I have no regrets - I still love it, even if I don't use it for 2 or 3 months at a time I believe it was money well spent.
Tim, I will pm you the price. and I will surely post some pics of my new KB2475 in probably late March. Thanks again

KiotiKevin

/ New backhoe for CK25 #10  
KiotiKevin said:
WOW - thanks guys for the insight. This certainly helps me understand the process for the installation. The dealer is going to install it for me. I just wanted to understand what were the best options (&cost) because I was only going to do this once , the same as I researched before I bought my Kioti almost four years ago and I have no regrets - I still love it, even if I don't use it for 2 or 3 months at a time I believe it was money well spent.
Tim, I will pm you the price. and I will surely post some pics of my new KB2475 in probably late March. Thanks again

KiotiKevin
We have valve kit in stock if you need it