Best place to sell CK30????

/ Best place to sell CK30???? #1  

colorblind

Tractor
kioti ck30/with loader
Hi guys I have a CK 30 which has less than 300 hours on it. It has shuttle shift, FEL, box blade and rock rake, and I may be forced to sell it. I was wanting advice on the best possible places to list it for sale. Also I had a tree limb come down on the hood and grill, would it be better to replace that before selling or just reduce the price. Thank you all in advance.

/ Best place to sell CK30???? #2  
I would replace the hood and grill, otherwise people are going to want the tractor for nothing.
I sold a tractor that size on ebay but that was three years ago and I believe there might be more rip off artists on ebay now.
Local newspapers, shoppers, restaurant bulletin boards, all might be a good starting point.

/ Best place to sell CK30???? #3  
I agree with Oleozz. Replace the hood and grill.

I'd start with the free sources first: local want-ads based free publications, here on TBN, Craigslist, tractor in front yard or ask some of the merchants that have extra space with good road traffice. Many will let you put your equipment out for a $100 or so.

If you have the old-style KL130 loader, that too can be a liability. If you have that one and don't have the retrofit kit installed. Get your dealer to put it on. It should be free.

I have a friend who was interested in one locally, CK25 hst TLB. He was asking $14,500. But it had the old style loader and he wouldn't come down on price, nor go get the kit installed. This killed the deal for my friend, and it would have for me too.

/ Best place to sell CK30???? #4  
I'm in contrarian mood today.:D

I would not replace the hood and grill. Those are cosmetic issues and you will find that the cost of replacements to be quite outrageous. If I were buying a used tractor I'd much rather get a discount and then make a decision myself about how to deal with the dents. Anyone who needs a cosmetically perfect tractor will talk themselves into a new one anyway.

I don't know the exact price of the replacement parts but I recall it is somewhere between $700-$1000. Make that clearly part of the deal and you save yourself the hassle and give the new owner the option of either living with the scars, fixing it himself, getting a local body shop to make repairs, or shelling out for the new replacement parts.

Regarding where to sell, if there is an active Craigslist in your area that is free and much less prone to the scams you see on eBay. TBN is available too though the classifieds are a fairly undeveloped and underutilized part of the site. Still if you have time TBN could work. Ebay is still a good possibility but be extra cautious and don't accept any bids from Nigeria.;)

/ Best place to sell CK30???? #5  
IT---You might be in an "ornery" frame of mind because you are not getting enough sleep at night.:) It says you posted this message at 1:30am. I'm guessing you are in another country?

/ Best place to sell CK30???? #6  
Oleozz said:
IT---You might be in an "ornery" frame of mind because you are not getting enough sleep at night.:) It says you posted this message at 1:30am. I'm guessing you are in another country?

11 time zones away at the moment and I needed a tractor fix. TBN was my only choice. The only tractors around here are walk behind rice field plows and there is no beer. :( I need either some seat time or a cool one.;)