Great deal DK65?

/ Great deal DK65? #2  
Wow! There's a ROPS DK45 up here with almost the same hours going for more than that! I'd say that's a really, really good deal as long as everything is operable.

/ Great deal DK65? #3  
Not very many hrs for a 2003. Doesn't have the sloped hood if that's important but does have a Perkins engine. Almost seems like half price of a new one. Shipping from Mo. might be expensive.

/ Great deal DK65? #4  
I don't know how enclosed auto shipping compares to flat bed equipment shipping, but I just shipped a car from VA to CA for about 1600.00. Of course you have to account for auto shippers can carrier more vehicles per load to help spread out the cost but with a tractor of that caliber priced like that, shipping it would likely be worth it.

/ Great deal DK65? #5  
My Kioti dealer offered me $16,500 on my 2003 DK65C as a trade in a few months ago( I kept it). It had about 360 hours on it at the time. I thought his offer was kind of low. My tractor does have a loader though, and more dents too. It is a nice machine. I don't like the placement of the hydraulic filters as I have a tendency to run over tree limbs and brush. I have dented them several times and the pipe from the tank to the filter housing leaks at the housing. The pipe should bolt into the filter housing like it does at the tank,but it doesn't. You just push it in and they added a little tab on top to help hold it in place. It probably works fine if you don't run over things like I do.

Jeff

/ Great deal DK65? #6  
Builder said:

Shipping would be an issue. I've had good luck with u-ship. Also, contact some local trucking companies that might have an empty load coming back. I shipped some equipment from Kansas to NC a couple of years ago for $1000 - caught a truck out there empty looking for something to help pay the way home. A little time flexibility helps as well.

Looks like a nice piece of equipment especially considering what folks are paying for CK and lower end DKs - having air and heat on board not to mention a built in filtering system is a big plus as well.

/ Great deal DK65?
Stupid, fussy question here, but the seat looks awful, like cheap stiff plastic.

Anyone know if there's an upgraded Kioti cloth high back seat-something real nice for mowing 8 hours at a time?

Also, how is this puppy shifted? Is there a reverser or is it clutched for every shift?

/ Great deal DK65? #8  
I've got the same machine and I've never thought about the seat so it must be comfortable. The seat isn't as bad as it looks.

Sorry I don't know what a reverser is, but I do know that it's a full synchromesh transmission if that helps.

I do have the original spec. sheet if you want more info.

Jeff

/ Great deal DK65?
What I mean is, how is it shifted? Do you have to depress the clutch to go into reverse or can you just pull the lever into reverse? Is there a seperate "forward/reverse" shifter? Do you have to clutch between gears?

Is the front axle a limited slip axle?

What don't you like about your tractor?

/ Great deal DK65? #10  
Builder said:
What I mean is, how is it shifted? Do you have to depress the clutch to go into reverse or can you just pull the lever into reverse? Is there a seperate "forward/reverse" shifter? Do you have to clutch between gears?

Is the front axle a limited slip axle?

What don't you like about your tractor?

Yes there is a seperate forward/reverse shifter. You do press clutch when shifting gears. Tractor does not have to stop before shifting.

Front axle is open, until you step on the front diff lock,,,,,,,, which is much better than any limited slip!! One of the few tractors around that is TRUE 4 WHEEL DRIVE!!