New to Kioti forum and

/ New to Kioti forum and #1  

artp

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kioti CK30HST
I have been seriously shopping for a new tractor and had narrowed my list down to Kubota (L2800HST or B7800HST) Mahindra 3315HST (JD & NH were ay over priced) when I came across a Kioti dealership about 35 miles away while I was checking out another Kubota dealer in the same town. This is a relatively new dealership. Young owner seemed very knowledgeable and eager to answer my questions without being pushy. Had a chance to drive the CK25 and CK30 and obth really felt good. Handled well & fit me well. I am rather long legged at over 6ft and comfort in the seat & at the controls was a problem on some other tractors. Good first impression, but I would like some input from other Kioti owners regarding these models. Any experience you care to share? I will be using this set up mostly to finish mow about 4 acres of gently rolling pasture, maintaining a rock drive way and parking area, leveling out a few rough areas in the back of the property for mowing, and light to medium loader work around the property.

After some lengthy discussion with the dealer I narrowed my choice down to CK25HST or CK30HST with the following: KL130 loader, KRM03-60 finish mower and 5ft box blade. Quoted price of $ 14,650 for the CK25 package; $ 15,250 for the CK30 package. I looked on company website and saw that there is a $ 700.00 cash discount that would come off of this. Then I read earlier posts about the CK35 with free loader. Called the dealer back to confirm the cash discount on the CK25 and CK30 and also see what the CK35 package would run & he said he will check to see if he can still get that before the June 30 cutoff. I was wondering if the CK35 package would be a better deal.

I am looking to wrap up my buying decision soon so I would appreciate your feedback. Thanks.

/ New to Kioti forum and #2  
Welcome to the Kioti Forum!

Go with the 30, that will be plenty of tractor for your needs.

5 extra hp for $600 bucks, best $$ per hp you will ever spend.

Unless the 35 works out only a few bucks more.

/ New to Kioti forum and #3  
It sounds like you have done some homework. With all the mowing and just light loader work, I assume you are looking at a gear/shuttle tractor which would make more sense for your needs than HST.

For maintaining a driveway and leveling out some small areas, I think a landscape rake would suit you better than the boxblade. I love my boxblade for rough leveling and ripping up solid ground but find a landscape rake is better for smoothing gravel driveways and roads.

I don't think it's really an issue anymore but also make sure you get the newer designed loader (model KL130B), you can tell it's the newer version if it has a circular tube going right through both loader arms instead of a closed box.

The Kioti is an incredible machine with better specs, options and warranty then all the other colors. With a dealer that close to you it seems like a win-win situation. And soon you can get your Kioti parts are Bobcat dealers too! :D

/ New to Kioti forum and #4  
Where are you located?

/ New to Kioti forum and #5  
artp said:
I will be using this set up mostly to finish mow about 4 acres of gently rolling pasture, maintaining a rock drive way and parking area, leveling out a few rough areas in the back of the property for mowing, and light to medium loader work around the property, and the other upteen projects that you think of once you get the tractor . . . ;)

My point, buy a bit more machine than you think you'll need. Even if it's just a little bit bigger. I would bet you a good bit of money that as soon as you get that puppy home every "project" that you already have planned out in your mind will end up at least 1.5 - 2.0 times more intensive and you think of at least 1 additional "something" you can do with you new toy that you hadn't thought of when carefully planning your original purchase. Ask any current owner . . .

/ New to Kioti forum and #6  
With 4 acres to mow, I'd go with the CK35 and a 72" mower. Unless you like all that seat time mowing. If not, go with the CK30. The extra HP will at least allow you to mow a little faster than you might on the CK25.

BTW, I have a CK25. Love it. A real beast for ground engagement work, and the new loader works great.

I recommend HST with all that mowing.

/ New to Kioti forum and
I am in Southern Illinois about 80 miles south & east from St. Louis

/ New to Kioti forum and
Dmace, thanks for the input. I have never used either a landscape rake or box blade or fel for that matter, so all of this is very new to me. I have been posting many questions on the other forums.

One point I wanted to ask about was the seat on the Kioti. I did notice that it seemed to "bottom out" and bounced me pretty good even after I adjusted the tension. I noticed that there were some posting that the seat could use some upgrading. I am a big guy (over 260lbs) so that may have something to do with it. Any thoughts for some kind of fix? I will be talking to the dealer again next week, but this forum has so many great guys posting thought you guys might have some suggestions. Thanks again for the quick reply.

/ New to Kioti forum and #9  
artp said:
One point I wanted to ask about was the seat on the Kioti. I did notice that it seemed to "bottom out" and bounced me pretty good even after I adjusted the tension.

There's a lot of adjustment in the tensioning knob on the CK25/30. Continue to turn (and turn some more). The seat movement should become quite firm.

Don

/ New to Kioti forum and #10  
For a mere $1000 -$1500 you could upgrade to the DK35, like me and have all the power you need! I started looking at teh CK30 as well and with all th eoptions that came with the DK model, I couldn't pass it up! Take it for a test drive and I think you will be sold. It is a lttle bigger tractor and may fit you better than the smaller frame CK series.