Difference between CK35 & DK35 Kioti tractors

/ Difference between CK35 & DK35 Kioti tractors #1  

Allan_Cen_Ont

Hello guys I am sorta new joined in 04 but haven't posted much . I am wondering what the differences are between these tractors if there is any diference between them. I am considering buying a CK35 or DK35 with hydro tranny,4wd ,R4 industrial tires with a loader and quick tach backhoe and folding rollbar. I am also wondering which is better to get a 3pth or sub frame quicktach backhoe for the tractor I will probably be using some 3pth attachments with this tractor so which would be quicker to take off . Thanks for any help

PS This tractor will be used around the farm and using a rotary mower to cut some long grass for a couple of neighbours so that is why I don't need a cab

Last edited:
   / Difference between CK35 & DK35 Kioti tractors #2  
The DK is a little bigger, 38 horsepower I think, few extra goodies on it,very nice tractor. No complaints on the CK machine here, I think today might be the last day for the free front end loader deal on the CK35 making it the best deal going, but who knows what kind of deal August will bring.

I think the best advise is to always use a subframe mounted backhoe to prevent tractor damage. I know Kioti specifies this in their owners manual.

/ Difference between CK35 & DK35 Kioti tractors #3  
Hi,

I bought a DK35SE HST a month or so back. I also seriously looked at the CK series. I know I will miss a lot, but this is why I chose the DK (in order of importance).

(1) Seating. I felt cramped in the CK series. This is due to my size, which is way above the average. My legs felt more comfortable in the DK, and the seat is quite a bit more adjustable (up/down firmness I believe).

(2) The HST pedal. I really didn't like the rocker pedal on the CK series. The DK has the two pedals side by side, which I found more "natural" for me.

(3) The quick attach front loader. Don't know if I care completely given the cost of the quick attach equipment, but I considered it a plus.

(4) The extra rear remote is nice. It allows (relatively) easy addition of hydraulic equipment (top and tilt, grapple).

(5) Generally more refined. It has buttons for 4 wheel drive, pto activation (I like this coming from a ford 8n). I don't think the CK had this but I am not positive.

I definitely think you need to seat/drive both of them. I really liked the CK series, but I just wasn't that comfortable sitting in it. Power and things like that I don't know much about, but the DK has more than enough so far for what I am using it for. Mowing, working on 2500' of road, moving rocks. Sigh wish it was more, since it is fun to use.

I hope this helps....

Sandtiger

/ Difference between CK35 & DK35 Kioti tractors #4  
The DK is a bigger frame with a few more hp. The specs are on Kioti's website. The DK also has a secondary 3 pt. lift control at the rear of the tractor. Would be quite handy for easier hookup. Both DK and CK can be had with QA loaders.

My personal preference is the lever engaged PTO of the CK rather than the electric of the DK - seems more simple, less prone to failure. Though my JD has electric and hasn't failed yet in 14+ years (knock on wood). I've read where others don't like that you can't feather the PTO on the electrics where it puts a lot of shock onto some implement drives at startup. Don't know if this is really true or just operator dependent or specific equipment related.

They really are two different classes of machines. You have to decide if you need the added heft of the DK.

Stay far away from 3pt mount backhoes and do get the QA loader.

/ Difference between CK35 & DK35 Kioti tractors #5  
Gittyup said:
The DK is a bigger frame with a few more hp. The specs are on Kioti's website. The DK also has a secondary 3 pt. lift control at the rear of the tractor. Would be quite handy for easier hookup. Both DK and CK can be had with QA loaders.

My personal preference is the lever engaged PTO of the CK rather than the electric of the DK - seems more simple, less prone to failure. Though my JD has electric and hasn't failed yet in 14+ years (knock on wood). I've read where others don't like that you can't feather the PTO on the electrics where it puts a lot of shock onto some implement drives at startup. Don't know if this is really true or just operator dependent or specific equipment related.

About the electric PTO. I agree it is a worry since since if nothing else electrical wiring and mice don't get along (sigh).

I was told by Rick Wallace to drop the rpms before engaging the electric PTO, then ramp the rpms. I guess you can feather the PTO speed by changing the RPMS (at least at 2600 rpm the tachometer says the PTO is spinning at 540 rpm). This seems to work fine for me. However, currently the only thing I do with the PTO is mow with a 5' rotary mower.

Good point about the rear 3-point lever. It doesn't feel as fine grained as the one at the seat (it's hard to adjust by a inch verse 3 inches). I don't know if the CK has this, but the lower 3-point links(?) can be adjusted in and out a couple of inches which also makes it easier to hook up a 3-point implement.

As you can tell, I don't really understand everything about these machines :rolleyes:

/ Difference between CK35 & DK35 Kioti tractors #6  
CK has telescopic 3pt arms, but no rear-access 3pt control lever.

/ Difference between CK35 & DK35 Kioti tractors #7  
One general point: the CK series are great but represent an older design and more basic (i.e. mechanical) features while the DK besides being bigger is a newer design that uses electric controls and has better ergonometrics. I've owned a CK20 and now have a DK40se. They each work as advertised so the real difference from my perspective between the CK35 and DK35se would be more power and loader capacity with the DK as well as newer features like on the fly 4WD and the electrohydraulic PTO. DK has standard quick attach and one standard rear remote but you could add those to the CK for a bit under $1000 or so. Both are fine tools.

/ Difference between CK35 & DK35 Kioti tractors #8  
hey allen

i don't know if storage is an issue for you, but for me it is one of the reasons i just can't see my self trading up to a dk 35, it would be just high enough to make backing into my garage an issue.

the ck 35 actually uses the same engine as the old dk 35's (non-se), so even though the ck35 was introduced 2 years back the engine has been in use for many years.

you said that brush cutting is going to be one of the main uses for the tractor, the ck will run a 6 footer no problem, and i don't think a dk could really handle
a 7 so your not really gaining anything there.

but seeing how you are going to be using the tractor in a farm setting, you might want to spring for the dk, it does have a couple more features and a bigger frame and if you plan on using this everyday i believe the dk might be more up to the challenge.

i found making the decision between the ck35 & dk35 was quite hard, there seems to be a pro for every con and a con for every pro.

i hope you are able to find a tractor that will meet your needs and will serve you for years to come.

-VTcoyote

/ Difference between CK35 & DK35 Kioti tractors #9  
dk 35, it would be just high enough to make backing into my garage an issue.
-VTcoyote[/QUOTE]

My Dk fits into my garage with 2 inches to spare without touching the roll bar. I was lucky because I didn't think of that until I was backing it out! Almost could have been a big OOPS!

/ Difference between CK35 & DK35 Kioti tractors #10  
IslandTractor said:
like on the fly 4WD QUOTE]

Island,
By on the fly do you mean it WILL shift while moving? I have been afraid to grind everything up so I always stop before I switch in or out of 4WD.