Tractor
    Kioti CK25 Shuttle Shift, loaded tires, JD X739

Default bobcat has a midmount mower

As I understand it Kioti has dropped midmount mowers on the CK line. Well, I just saw a BobCat Kioti clone offering a midmount mower. It was in "Compact Equipment" magazine. For those who might want one, this might be a place to look.

Super Star Member IslandTractor's Avatar
    Tractor
    2007 Kioti DK40se HST, Woods BH

Default Re: bobcat has a midmount mower

As I recall the Kioti midmount was way expensive and cost about as much as buying a quality bush hog and quality finish mower of equal size. I don't think Bobcat is likely to sell cheap either.

IMO mid mount mowers are mostly useful on machines like the B series Kubotas which have been set up primarily as mowers. For a true CUT, I'd take the flexibility of three point rear mowers any day. If you don't like the long overhang, get a flail.

Tractor
    Kioti CK25 Shuttle Shift, loaded tires, JD X739

Quote Originally Posted by IslandTractor View Post
    As I recall the Kioti midmount was way expensive and cost about as much as buying a quality bush hog and quality finish mower of equal size. I don't think Bobcat is likely to sell cheap either.

IMO mid mount mowers are mostly useful on machines like the B series Kubotas which have been set up primarily as mowers. For a true CUT, I'd take the flexibility of three point rear mowers any day. If you don't like the long overhang, get a flail.
    Don't disagree. Just posted it because I had read some were wanting a MMM.

Richmond VA & Martha's Vineyard, People's Republik of Massachusetts
    Tractor
    Kubota B3030, Kubota M59 TLB

I have an MMM on a b series kubota. If I did it over, I'd buy a rear finish instead. Pluses and minuses of mowing with the mmm and rfm cancel each other out to my mind (depending of course on your lawn) but the MMM is much more of a pain to deal with. And more expensive.
    ----------------------------------------
    Charles

Kubota B3030
    Kubota M59 w/hydro thumb
    Neat stuff - ATI Preseeder, Hydraulic PHD, Wallenstein BX62r Chipper, Millonzi Grapple, CA 4n1 Bucket. Delta Hook Rear QA system.
    Too many other random attachments to list (or to own, per my wife) and a really bad tool addiction. But at least I haven't bought a dump truck or bulldozer. Yet.