Hydraulics and lift capacity DK40SE vs DK45S/DK55S?

/ Hydraulics and lift capacity DK40SE vs DK45S/DK55S? #1  

swampjohn

Tractor
Kioti, New Holland
Hello all,

I'm a newby here so sorry if this question has been asked before.

The DK40SE has a higher rating (16+ gpm) for its hydraulic pump that the DK45S and the DK55S (14+ gpm) and the DK45S has separate ratings for main (9.9 gpm) and power steering (the rest) pumps. So which has the real advantage using a back hoe driven by the pump? (Also the 40 has a slightly higher lift capacity than the 45.)

Thanks,

swampjohn

/ Hydraulics and lift capacity DK40SE vs DK45S/DK55S? #2  
I'm not sure which is technically stronger but I don't think it is a practical difference. I pop off the relief valve on my loader and BH quite frequently so I don't get the feeling that I lack hydraulic flow with the DK40se.

I get the impression that the main differences between the new "se" DK line and the earlier "s" types is that the new ones have more electrohydraulic controls, more spacious operator station and obviously HST but that at equivalent horsepower the lift (FEL and 3pt) capacities are pretty similar.

By the way, welcome to the forum.

/ Hydraulics and lift capacity DK40SE vs DK45S/DK55S? #3  
The "S" Series Tractors have the KL451 Loader (DK45S) and the KL551 Loader (DK55S). These loaders are mechanically self leveling loaders and have about 10% more lift capacity than the KL401 Loader on the DK45SE. The Break-out force for the 451 and 551 loaders is about 20% higher than the 401 Loaders. It is the construction of the loader and the mounts that offers the higher capcities, not the hydraulic system of the tractor.

Hope this helps...

/ Hydraulics and lift capacity DK40SE vs DK45S/DK55S?
Thanks. That makes sense. I would guess that the extra hydraulic controls would need more flow. And you're right about the mechanical design being more critical than hydraulic flow.

How much cost does the HST add to the tractor? Both in terms of money and pulling power? I really liked the fully synchronized shuttle transmission on the S model tractor I test drove but for serious shuttling the SE has its appeal.

/ Hydraulics and lift capacity DK40SE vs DK45S/DK55S? #5  
The newer hydrostats rob about 5% more pto horsepower than the gear (shuttle) tractors. The hydrostat does not effect the auxiliary hydraulic flow in any appreciable manner. The hydrostatic circuit is completely independent of the auxiliary circuits, and have little to do with each other, except being driven by the same engine.

The KIOTI SE HST Series tractors do not have a "clutch" between the engine and transmission. The is a dynamic damping plate that absorbs any engine vibrations in the bell housing, but no clutch. The PTO engagement is a electro-hydraulic dog clutch, the 4wd engagement is direct electro-hydraulic. This makes these tractors pretty darn easy to use, without a clutch to worry about.

/ Hydraulics and lift capacity DK40SE vs DK45S/DK55S? #6  
Swampjohn are you going to be plowing many fields, doing much discing or cultivating?

/ Hydraulics and lift capacity DK40SE vs DK45S/DK55S? #7  
Quoted for Truth

"This makes these tractors pretty darn easy to use, without a clutch to worry about." (Michigan Iron talking about HST tractors)

I couldn't agree more.