Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 891011121314 LastLast
    Tractor
    Kioti DK45SE hst cab

Default Re: Why I will not buy another Kioti tractor in the future.

210 hours on my dk45se.... and still going strong. love it. no issues cept for a few minor things when first purchased.

love the fit and finish
    currently own
    2011 Kioti DK45SE HST CAB tractor/loader, Jimna 6" - 3 point wood chipper, 60" JD Brush Hog, JD 60" Rototiller, 3 point post hole digger with hydraulic assist, 3 point spring tooth rake, Fimco 55 gallon weed sprayer with 12 foot boom, 3 point hydraulic wood splitter (home built)
    Quick Attach 79" loader mount snowblower & rear powerpack
    Quick Attach 84" Snow Blade
    Quick Attach 42" pallet forks

Tractor
    Big & Small one :)

I'm sure every manufacture has its issues and a few lemons here and there but I have to say that I've looked at the Koiti's and I really like what I've seen. If I never had a kubota I'd be happy enough with a Kioti. Sorry to hear that some have had issues but I think it's not a common problem.
    ...Excellence is not a skill. It is an attitude...

Visit us on the web @ www.specialtyrepairs.ca

YouTube Video's: http://www.youtube.com/user/7863348?feature=guide

2011 Kubota 5740/854 FEL/L2674 Blower/Artic Angle blade with 3rd function set up,Rain Tracker Wiper system, custom built vertical exhaust,Grammer Air Ride Seat and other custom stuff
    2013 Kubota BX25D with many mods
    Kubota ZTR ZG 222 Z
    Custom Toyota Fork Lift

Elite Member
    Tractor
    Kioti DK 35

My 2001 DK 35 never gives me a lick of trouble.
    I have 1700+ hours on it so far and it runs/works great every time I use it.
    Vince,
    Kioti DK 35
    Hustler Super Z

Tractor
    Kioti ck20

360 plus hours on my CK20 with no tractor related problems. All problems so far have been operator caused.
    Phil. from Mass.
    2006 Kioti ck20 with 425 hours
    New to me 2011 K120 loader

Bronze Member

Everyone seems to put kubota on a pedestal as this superior machine. I was at the Kubota dealer last week and was really taken by the lack of fit and finish compared to Kioti. The seating and operator station is cleaner on a Kioti. None of the models that I saw had a glow plug controller. The Kioti welds are much cleaner looking. Overall the Daedong attention to detail gives me the impression of a much better overall ownership experience.

People also are quick to say (especially Kubota dealers) that Kioti has no resale value. You pay less for the Kioti in the beginning and from my experience as a percentage from new there is no difference. Even after the OP posted that his DK 45 had no resale at the Kubota dealer in trade, yet he got his full asking price on the open market. Of course the Kubota dealer is going to offer peanuts for it. They are trying to keep you believing that it is a POS.

On a side note, the Kubota dealer was quick to inform me that Kioti will not be selling tractors after Jan 1 2013 because they are 100% copied from Kubota and will not have a tier 4 engine for a few years until they steal the technology. I didn't have the heart to tell him that Kioti has had the tier 4 engines ready for over a year.

Tractor
    Kubota, John Deere, Case, Massey Ferguson, Ford

Interesting how a four year old thread on a Kioti can still inspire someone to come on and defend Kioti by bashing kubota.

We own four Kubotas, have owned five and really like them. My brother bought a new Kioti about a month ago and he likes his. I'm certainly no expert on tractors, but I believe both companies make good tractors. I don't see the need to run one or the other down. We have owned a trouble prone John Deere and Case, but certainly would consider buying either brand.
    Last edited by TripleR; 10-24-2012 at 08:43 AM. Reason: four to five owned
    Thread on helpful tractor abbreviations: http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/o...-acronyms.html

Tractor
    New Holland TC35D, Case TR320 CTL

I agree TripleR. I don't own either make, but I rent construction equipment and attachments from my local kubota dealer. They treat me like a king and they'll meet any price I can find on the net when it comes to purchasing. Now if they'd just come out with a factory cab for the M59 we'd be doing tractor business.
    John

My Work & Stuff Photo Thread: http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/p...to-thread.html

2 Peter 3:1-18

Tractor
    CK20HST

First of all, allow me introduce myself to you. My name is Kevin and I happen to have a CK20HST machine. I have no trouble with my Kioti machine if not maintenance properly, however my machine has over 450 hrs on it and not one bit from my engine trouble. It has played a major role on my part as I use it for landscaping, building, snow throwing and Mr fix upper. This so-called crappy hydro pedal, loader bucket that wants to drop rapidly, but -erratically, cheesy loader joystick that failed, and cracking loader is nothing but your doing because you are abusing your machine beyond the tolerance level. These machine are made to work with it, not forcing it. It goes to the same as kubota, John Deere, Mason Furgusson and so on. I am not trying to abbreviate, but these machine needs respect and the machine will respect you if train properly. If you are to work in a dusty environment area, you need to check on everything like filter, oil, crate from your rad and grease every joint of your machine on daily basic. I believe your gasket was install by the factory technician by fault, not you. If you had not been rude to them, they will replace them at no cost to you, but remember it guaranty for five years after purchase date. I recommend Amsoil products because it does works very well on extreme condition and it is pure oil, not dino oil. I would not recommend Shaeffer oil that you may think it best. Please treat yourself a little respect and no worry will bother you.

Quote Originally Posted by Agentiron View Post
    I have owned a CK20 for the past year and a half. It has been a good unit, with some features that make it special in it's class. I have had some minor problems with mine such as the crappy hydro pedal, loader bucket that wants to drop rapidly, but erratically, cheesy loader joystick that failed, and cracking loader. The tractor has been pretty good other then that.

The final straw was a couple months ago I noticed excessive smoke, hard starts, and the smell of fuel. It turns out the intake gasket was installed improperly from the factory, which caused it to eat dirt until there was major engine damage. The way Kioti handled the engine replacement was very slow, and hard on the local dealer. Eventually they decided to send a motor, but took nearly a week to send it. All and all my tractor was down well over two weeks...I had a great deal of work to do, but had not tractor. Now I bought the tractor under my business name, so the warranty only covered parts but no labor.

Now maybe I am being fussy, but Kioti recognized the improper installation of the intake gasket that caused my failure at less then 600 hours, but feel that all they need to do is stand by the letter of the failure. I also realize that warranties are to cover manufacturers defects, but in this case it is easy to see what the cause of the failure was, and it was clearly from the factory. I do not understand why they would not cover the ....$1000 labor on the engine replacement.

I bought this diesel powered tractor because I expect it to be desigend properly with quality products so that if I do my part, the motor should last several thousand hours. I use Shaeffer oil.....the best I know of, a meticulous with my maintenance on all my machines, because I want my machines to last and last. I am so angry that I never had a chance with this unit, no matter how hard I worked at careing for it. Perhaps if I had used inferior oil, the motor would have failed under the two year full warranty and been completely covered. Maybe I am being punished for good maintenance.

I really think this is a crappy way to deal with customers. I also called multiple people from the factory, including the head of customer service and never got a call. Eventually I heard from a representative who gave me the company line.

Hey they saved $1000 on my labor, but they lost thousands on any future purchases I might make.

I am really disapointed.
    AI

Tractor
    2013 Kioti DK45SE HST Cab

Quote Originally Posted by Stormrider View Post
    First of all, allow me introduce myself to you. My name is Kevin and I happen to have a CK20HST machine. I have no trouble with my Kioti machine if not maintenance properly, however my machine has over 450 hrs on it and not one bit from my engine trouble. It has played a major role on my part as I use it for landscaping, building, snow throwing and Mr fix upper. This so-called crappy hydro pedal, loader bucket that wants to drop rapidly, but -erratically, cheesy loader joystick that failed, and cracking loader is nothing but your doing because you are abusing your machine beyond the tolerance level. These machine are made to work with it, not forcing it. It goes to the same as kubota, John Deere, Mason Furgusson and so on. I am not trying to abbreviate, but these machine needs respect and the machine will respect you if train properly. If you are to work in a dusty environment area, you need to check on everything like filter, oil, crate from your rad and grease every joint of your machine on daily basic. I believe your gasket was install by the factory technician by fault, not you. If you had not been rude to them, they will replace them at no cost to you, but remember it guaranty for five years after purchase date. I recommend Amsoil products because it does works very well on extreme condition and it is pure oil, not dino oil. I would not recommend Shaeffer oil that you may think it best. Please treat yourself a little respect and no worry will bother you.
    Welcome Stormrider, the OP started this thread 5 years ago
    2013 Kioti DK45SE HST Cab, Loaded R4s, KL401 Loader with reversible cutting edge, KB2485 Backhoe with Mechanical Thumb, Everything Attachments 7 foot Deluxe 6 way Value Scrape Blade, Tirechains.com Duo Combo Ladder Rear Chains (If I ever need them)

Tractor
    Branson 6530C

Quote Originally Posted by Legdoc View Post
    Agentiron, I agree with you 100%. That is why I will never buy another Chevrolet. Similar story on a lemon Silverado. Consider a kubota as I am very pleased with the quality and dependability!
    Legdoc
    What year model was the Chev, what was your problem, and what didn't they do about it?

Mark

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 891011121314 LastLast