CK30 HST Purchace Q's

/ CK30 HST Purchace Q's #1  

TTTTTT

Gold Member
Tractor
Dong Feng 354 (Oct 2008)
Hi All,

First off, I have been viewing for quite awhile on various forums and disscussions. TBN is definitely the best out there with the wealth of knowledge that everyone has. I've been looking for awhile and haven't pulled the trigger yet. Just doing my research. I have been strongly thinking of a Chineese crate or the alternative of a slightly more used name brand. This is where the Kioti comes in. It seems to fit the mold of both- good quality and features at a more resonable price than the big names. They were a little unknown to me until locally a 2005 CK30 HST (600 hrs.- KL130 Loader) was for sale at what seems a reasonable price.

A few Q's

1) Is the 2008 model changed significantly from the 2005(I looked at a new 2008 and was impressed - specs and all.

2) The early model KL130 loaders with the crack problems and the retro fit kits. I have read the extensive threads on this. This particular one is waiting for the kit to be installed. For those who have had the kit installed do you notice the difference and do you feel confident that you won't have any future problems?

3) Any HST known problems, although the disscussions haven't indicated any.

Thanks in advance. I'm not in a hurry but am willing to make a move if the right deal was out there. I will be looking at this one soon. Maybe I'll join the pack as well

Dave

/ CK30 HST Purchace Q's #2  
The loader was the biggest change.
The roll bar was also changed but I am not sure when that was changed.
If it folds in the middle it is the newer design.
No know problems with the hst.

Boy unless you can find one for under 12k I would be looking at a new one shoot with the financing, warranty and a new loader.
How can you beat that.

/ CK30 HST Purchace Q's #3  
Hi All,

A few Q's

2) The early model KL130 loaders with the crack problems and the retro fit kits. I have read the extensive threads on this. This particular one is waiting for the kit to be installed. For those who have had the kit installed do you notice the difference and do you feel confident that you won't have any future problems?
I have an earlier model with the retro fit kit put on almost a year ago. I do see evidence that the kit is NOT preventing twisting movement. The kit may be reducing the movement, but not eliminating it. There are some clamping bolts that I think may need to be tightened, if I can just find the proper torque values. I bought it used and it already had the kit on it, so I don't know if the kit has made any changes to the flexing. Having said that... I am not concerned about any issues with what flex there is.
I would not hesitate to buy a good used machine with the KL130 loader, for the right price, but like Rick said... price of new, low financing and 4 years of warrenty is something to seriously think about.

/ CK30 HST Purchace Q's #4  
I have an earlier model with the retro fit kit put on almost a year ago. I do see evidence that the kit is NOT preventing twisting movement. The kit may be reducing the movement, but not eliminating it. .

I'm not an engineer but I never thought the kit was supposed to stop or even reduce the flexing itself. Isn't the torque bar all about sharing the load and therefore causing some flexing? I thought the kit was just supposed to transmit the load past the vulnerable inspection plate corners. That would still allow you to see flexing of the torque tube I presume.

/ CK30 HST Purchace Q's #5  
I'm not an engineer but I never thought the kit was supposed to stop or even reduce the flexing itself. Isn't the torque bar all about sharing the load and therefore causing some flexing? I thought the kit was just supposed to transmit the load past the vulnerable inspection plate corners. That would still allow you to see flexing of the torque tube I presume.

Where does your theory come from? Look at the redesigned loader. I see no designed in flex. :confused:

Don

/ CK30 HST Purchace Q's #6  
Where does your theory come from? Look at the redesigned loader. I see no designed in flex. :confused:

Don

There has to be some flex or otherwise there would be no reason to link the two FEL arms together. The torque tube transmits some of an asymmetrical load to the other arm. Isn't that what torque tubes are all about? Again, major caveat: I am not an engineer.

/ CK30 HST Purchace Q's #7  
There has to be some flex or otherwise there would be no reason to link the two FEL arms together. The torque tube transmits some of an asymmetrical load to the other arm. Isn't that what torque tubes are all about? Again, major caveat: I am not an engineer.

Is not the reason for a torque tube to minimize/eliminate the flex? Otherwise they would just use a large garage door spring rather than a solid tube. :eek:

Don

/ CK30 HST Purchace Q's #8  
We need a bridge engineer to chime in. :)

Of course the torque tube needs to be rigid to transmit stress to the other arm. But that doesn't mean it won't twist while doing that work. I can still see twisting of the FEL on my DK40. I think it is supposed to twist some just the way that a fishing rod is supposed to bend some.

/ CK30 HST Purchace Q's #9  
Unless you load the FEL perfectly evenly... there is going to be some flex (twist) between the two loader arms, any make any brand. If you were to make the torque tube strong enough to not flex at all... then it would be large enough so you would cut your lifting capacity in half. Okay... that is a bit extream, but it would need to be very strong/heavy. Flex of torque tube is okay, limited cracking of torque tube is not so good, but not the end of the loader. It reduces the load sharing ability and allows increased flexing. Is a crack in the torque tube going to lead to a catastrophic failure of the loader.. no not likely, a twist in the load arms.. maybe. If you cut the torque tube in half... the loader would still work... if you kept the loads balanced between the two load arms. It might not be pretty... but it would still work!
I guess I was not clear on my loader, I was not expecting NO twisting at all, but I see evidence that the 'kit' is moving on the torque tube. Enough so the 'kit' might not be doing it's job as well as it should be. It also seems that the loader arms are twisting more now than when I first got the tractor, some 50hrs ago, another indication that the 'kit' might be getting looser. Either that or I am getting more comfortable with the tractor and using it harder. :)

/ CK30 HST Purchace Q's #10  
I am not an engineer or a rocket scientist, but when you use the term "torque tube" it makes me think there is supposed to be some flex. After all, torque refers to a twisting force. Just my 2 cents.