Question about a Kioti tractor from a newbie

/ Question about a Kioti tractor from a newbie #1  

Castor

Hi there,

This is the first tractor we ever bought an know very little about this so please forgive me if the question is obvious to you guys!!

Anyway, we just bought a Kioti tractor and we think we might have been misled. We purchased what we thought was a 2008 CK35 and all the paperwork from the dealer was consistent with this. However, when we received the registration documents (a few weeks alter) the year looked like it had been altered (the last digit of the year, the "8" had been traced over several times, suggesting that it might have been changed). When i called the company with the serial number (GT-7900XXX), i was told it was a 2007. Then, when i called the dealer back he assured us it was a 2008, and that they had received it from Kioti in 2008. Is this something that commonly happens? Who should I believe? Would there be a big price difference between a 2007 and a 2008?

Thanks for all your help!!

Pat

/ Question about a Kioti tractor from a newbie #2  
I don't think there is any difference between CK35's from 2007 and 2008. Dealer might have a 2007 sitting outside weathering longer is the only thing I would think matters here. Tractors aren't devalued so much by model year as they are by hours. If you are happy with the tractor and price, and you got the full 4 year warranty, then be happy.

But, I'm no authority here. You should post this in the Kioti forum so that dealers can respond.

/ Question about a Kioti tractor from a newbie
Thanks, it makes sense. Shouldn't the dealer still fess up to the actual year of manufacture, as opposed to insisting that it was made in 2007? Why do they do that?

As you suggested, i will try to post in the Kioti forum.

Pat

/ Question about a Kioti tractor from a newbie #4  
Not sure about Kioti but most Mahindra's have the date stamped on the engine block. We normally don't start getting this years model til the middle of the year... for example we didn't start getting '08 tractors til May or so.

/ Question about a Kioti tractor from a newbie #5  
As noted, the CK35 just came out in mid 2007 and has not changed. I agree that with tractors, the engine hours rather than the date of manufacture is the critical resale data point. Especially when there are no practical differences between a 2007 and 2008. So long as the 4 year warranty started when you bought it I wouldn't bother splitting hairs on manufacture date.

For what it's worth, I was just looking at a car with a model year of 2006 where the manufacturing date is clearly stamped 3/2005. The manufacturers all play games with this sort of thing.

/ Question about a Kioti tractor from a newbie #6  
Mine is a 2008, it has a big sticker on the hood saying something like 20th year special edition.

/ Question about a Kioti tractor from a newbie #7  
This might not be a big deal to some, but from the information provided it seems that someone is not being honest. The customer bought/was sold a 2008 model, someone played around with the registration paperwork, the company confirmed the serial number belongs to a 2007 unit.

The new models typically cost more, the price of steel and transportation has increased compared to last year's model. Also, even though the tractor model might appear to be unchanged it is possible that there were some small running changes made to correct earlier production issues.

/ Question about a Kioti tractor from a newbie #8  
Unlike cars and trucks, tractors do not have "model years" they do have a date of manufacture. Almost all tractors are imported, so there will be some delay between the date of manufacture and date of distribution to the dealer, then more delay before a customer is found for it at the dealer. It is not uncommon to take 8 or 9 months, sometimes longer to sell a specific unit at many dealerships. Teh CK35 20th anniversary models were manufactured in 2007 they are a current model. They are new when sold for the first time, that is date of warranty registration. There is usually a cost savings, even if not specified by the dealer, because most of us work off of cost plus. so if you bouth a 2007 date of manufacture, that was purchased by the dealer before prices went up last october, would probably be sold for less. That and if the tractor has been in stock several months, the out of the box price will likely be less. Other products that fit in this category are televisions and other appliances, furniture, power equipment, etc that might sit in inventory a couple years.

/ Question about a Kioti tractor from a newbie #9  
When I bought my CK35 HST in December of 2007 I asked the dealer if I was getting the 2008 model and he just laughed and told me that there was no actual model year difference like auto models that come out every October.
I was happy with the tractor and the price, so I didn't press the issue.
Enjoy your toy---I know I am enjoying mine :D
C-YA RL

/ Question about a Kioti tractor from a newbie
Thank you to all for clarifying this issue for me. I didn't realize that the actual year of manufacture is not as important as it is for automobiles.

Thanks again for your help.