Bronze Member
    Tractor
    Kioti CK20 HST 2008

Default Ck20S hard starting

I bought a brand new Ck20S last september i just love it ! great strong machine for that size ,it's at 62 hours already
    I only have a problem starting it when temperatures ares below 50F
    I have discussed that with my dealer and he sent a mechanic today to replace what he called an improved glow plug controller .(also to do the 50hrs insp)
    I was wondering if any of you have the new controller installed ?
    How is it starting since they replaced it ?
    The only difference so far, is that it takes longer for the light to turn off.
    The mechanic told me that even if the light is off it now continues to warm the glow plugs for an additional 15 seconds ...is that true ?

The tractor is sitting outside for a few hours ...it'S freeezing here today
    Can't wait to see how it will start tonight
    Last edited by Bousez; 12-05-2008 at 02:32 PM.
    2008 CK20 HST TLB ,Walco 5ft box blade, 52'' Frey snowblower,20ft trailer

Bronze Member
    Tractor
    Kioti CK20 HST 2008

Default Re: Ck20S hard starting

ouuupsssssss sorry can someone move that post in the right section ?

Thanks
    2008 CK20 HST TLB ,Walco 5ft box blade, 52'' Frey snowblower,20ft trailer

Kioti adressed this problem with certain sn# tractors if you would call me at 865-981-7922 I can help you with the part number upgrades.for what Kioti is calling their cold starting aid kit.all parts can be bought off the shelf/

Kioti adressed this problem with certain sn# tractors if you would call me at 865-981-7922 I can help you with the part number upgrades.for what Kioti is calling their cold starting aid kit.all parts can be bought off the shelf

Advertiser
    Dartmouth College/Lake Sunapee Region, west central New Hampshire.
    Tractor
    Can't remember

Hi Bousez,
    If your dealer did the upgrade and you are still having a problem, I would suggest a lower radiator hose heater. Just plug it in an hour or two before you use the tractor and you should be OK. Your dealer or NAPA should have these heaters available for a reasonable price.
    KiotiDave
    David G.

I have a CK20 bought late 2007 that has had the cold start fix done to it. Before the fix below around 50 degrees it was rather difficult to start. With the fix it is better, but still not as good as I would have liked.

The dealer put in a block heater from day one. Even with out the cold start fix it would start up great even down to 0 degrees ( that's the coldest I tried it) if I had the block heater plugged in fro 2-3 hours.