DK 45 or DK 55?????

/ DK 45 or DK 55????? #1  

nedly05

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kioti DK55
I am thinking of trading my skid steer for a tractor and I would like to go with a Kioti DK45 or a DK 55. The way I figure it I can afford to get the 45 with a cab, or a 55 no cab. I probably will only be able to afford the 45 with no cab, that seems to be how it always works:rolleyes: So what do you all think, whats the best option for me, or should I just keep the skid steer?

/ DK 45 or DK 55????? #2  
Can you give us a little more information.
What will you be using the tractor for ? What are you using your skid steer for?
Do you want/need a cab ?

/ DK 45 or DK 55????? #3  
I personally think that the DK45S with a cab is an ideal setup. I have never read anything going wrong with the DK45S. I would look at tractorbarn.com for several Kiotis with cabs. With you being so far north, a cab would be great in the winter if you must plow snow. You didn't say what you would be doing with the tractor, so if for general use, and not strictly farm, baleing hay, plowing I would think the DK45S would be the etter deal. Remember that the 12/12SS on the DK45S has three gears in low range which are below 1mph. This is ideal for snowblowers. Plus the DK45S has a rear 3pt hitch adjusting arm. All in all I still think its a fantastic tractor, even though I purchased a NHTC48 with the 18LA loader. I just loved the 18LA loader. I wish many other manufactures, especially NH would have offered a 12/12SS transmission with lower than 1mph gears. Lowest I have is 1.13mph. I would gladly swap two of my faster gears for a few slower ones. Also unless you are on flat road, in top gear, the tractor gets going almost too fast. The NHTC48DA is suppose to top out at 18.5mph I think, and I must say it really gets rolling, feels faster, almost like 20mph. Good luck with your choice, the Kioti is an excellent tractor. :)

/ DK 45 or DK 55????? #4  
I personally think that the DK45S with a cab is an ideal setup.

I would tend to agree that a DK45 without a cab is ideal! That there is self-supporting rationalization. I'm up her on the eastern edge of the 'Dacks, and right about now I could sure use a cab for plowing snow. But next week, when I head off into the woods to get more firewood, I'll be glad to not be surrounded by fiberglass, plexiglass and/or glass. Also, I will be clearing miles of trail from a logging operation, and have to get tons of stone out for my foundation facade. Already I have cracked my sushade just plowing snow.

As was mentioned, you haven't gave us a glimpse into your intended uses. That would be a big help.

/ DK 45 or DK 55?????
It would be used for getting firewood, driveway maintenance, snow removal, things of that nature. I am sort of leaning toward the DK 45s with no cab, just for the fact that I will most likely go someplace that I will smash a window or something (like getting firewood). It would be great to have a cab in the winter though so.....maybe starting off without it would be the best, then look into a nice cab down the road??? Thanks for the quick responses!!

/ DK 45 or DK 55?????
There is a brand new DK45S on tractor house, but there is no price, and it has the 8X8 trans. What would a DK45S with no cab, a loader 4X4 and 12X12 go for??

/ DK 45 or DK 55????? #7  
SS has its place and can do everything you stated you wanted to do however, if a new tractor is what you're looking for, & bear in mind I am not running with the "Pack", but I'd be hard pressed to justify the HP you're looking at (extra$$) for those tasks. I think (lead dawgs correct me here) a CK series in the 30-35hp class would do you just as well and give you some dollars for attachments. Throw-in the cheap financing/free loaders etc... and I'd be slightly jealous of your significant savings over my own rig. If you were haying or doing commercial work my $.02 opinion would be different.

/ DK 45 or DK 55????? #8  
have you considered a dK35?
same frame, still get the set of rear remotes and skid steer compatible loader, but about $2k less than the DK45, and there are some good dealers here on TBN that will give you good advice about tractor size and wants vs. needs.
I do similar things to what you say and had one suggest I look at the DK35 or the CK30, one being "more than enough" to meet my needs, and the other being "capable and very affordable"
good luck!

/ DK 45 or DK 55????? #9  
SS has its place and can do everything you stated you wanted to do however, if a new tractor is what you're looking for, & bear in mind I am not running with the "Pack", but I'd be hard pressed to justify the HP you're looking at (extra$$) for those tasks. I think (lead dawgs correct me here) a CK series in the 30-35hp class would do you just as well and give you some dollars for attachments. Throw-in the cheap financing/free loaders etc... and I'd be slightly jealous of your significant savings over my own rig. If you were haying or doing commercial work my $.02 opinion would be different.

2YD makes some valuable points. Another disadvantage to such a large machne is its nimbleness "around the house". For instance, I can't drive over my septic tank, pump tank, or leach field, where I could with my former Jinma 284. This removes 50% of my yard, including my basement walk-out, from access.

The reason I got the DK45 was for the remaining 250 acres of woods and 150 acres of ag lands. I needed size and power to efficiently create & maintain ditches, mow idle pastures, mow, bale and transport hay, etc. For that it is barely sufficient, but affordably efficient.

Sure, a DK45 does all the thinks you desire, but so did my Jinma. Unless you have some serious heavy lifting or need to process faster, a tough little CK would do nicely. Yes, big implements are quite expensive, and rarer to find used.

You've come to the right place, and I'm sure other folks will help you much more than I.

/ DK 45 or DK 55????? #10  
have you considered a dK35?
same frame, still get the set of rear remotes and skid steer compatible loader, but about $2k less than the DK45, and there are some good dealers here on TBN that will give you good advice about tractor size and wants vs. needs.
I do similar things to what you say and had one suggest I look at the DK35 or the CK30, one being "more than enough" to meet my needs, and the other being "capable and very affordable"
good luck!

You may want to consider the dk40, it has the basically the same powertrain as the dk45 only a little less hp 41. The dk35 has a smaller powertrain and is only a little less in price than the dk40.

There's a kioti dealer on this site Wallace that you might want to contact. Rick will help you even if he knows upfront you plan on buying elseware. Not many dealers that do that. Good luck with your buy.