WOO-HOO, I've Bought My First Tractor!!!!

/ WOO-HOO, I've Bought My First Tractor!!!! #21  
Congradulations!

As for the loader, there are some threads you might do a search for explaining you can check the hydro pressure setting to the loader. In other words, it can be adjusted up if the pressure is not to specs.
Or maybe you can talk the dealer into checking it for you..

/ WOO-HOO, I've Bought My First Tractor!!!! #22  
Nice looking machine. Enjoy!

/ WOO-HOO, I've Bought My First Tractor!!!! #23  
If you haven't already started the habit, I recommend trying to always put on the seatbelt whenever you move the tractor. I have a cab model DK45 and my land is at least as hilly as yours; I make the effort to fasten the belt each time I take the seat. I've only once tipped over a piece of equipment (and I had the belt fastened), but that was enough to convince me of the value of the belt...and the unpredictability of when such an accident might occur.
I think you'll be surprised at how large a tree you can shove over with that unit. Sometimes you have to do a little loosening of the roots, or attack from a different angle, but I don't think a 5 or 6 in. pine should be too much of a challenge. Pretty soon, you'll start to covet other equipment, like a toothbar or even a grapple rake. With only 12 ac. you should have it whipped into shape pretty quick; I've got 250 ac. and it is hopeless to try to keep it all under control!
Good luck and keep safe.
BOB

/ WOO-HOO, I've Bought My First Tractor!!!! #24  
Great shots, you look like a very happy crew! You'll love the tractor. I have hte same FEL and it can only do so much. It's enough for most of us though and you'll learn some tricks to break out the piles and so on.

Enjoy!

/ WOO-HOO, I've Bought My First Tractor!!!!
Great shots, you look like a very happy crew! You'll love the tractor. I have hte same FEL and it can only do so much. It's enough for most of us though and you'll learn some tricks to break out the piles and so on.

Enjoy!

I'm thinking of testing the hydraulic PSI to make sure it is up to spec. I might change the shim if it is low. Does anyone know how to do this on a Kioti CK27?

OK, so it's been just about 3 years since I bought this tractor. I still feel that, besides my house, it's the best investment I've ever made. I've just now got 400 hours on the machine and still love every minute I get seat time on it. I seriously have no regrets buying this tractor. It's the perfect size, has enough hp and bucket capacity for my needs, and I got it for a good price ($13k, 3 years ago). The only thing I've had to do to it is change the oil and throw a little bit of paint on the FEL. I'll try to post a few pics of the tractor today and the new implements I've gotten for it. I know how you guys are about pics.:D

Some pics...I recently painted the Massey Ferguson box blade to match my tractor.

Attachments

• 007.jpg
    007.jpg
    822.4 KB · Views: 227
  • 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    838 KB · Views: 184
  • 010.jpg
    010.jpg
    908.1 KB · Views: 173
  • 013.jpg
    013.jpg
    981.7 KB · Views: 178
  • 015.jpg
    015.jpg
    934.6 KB · Views: 173
   / WOO-HOO, I've Bought My First Tractor!!!! #28  
No. It was a 1969. It was a 3/4 ton...not a 1/2 ton.
The equipment really doesn't come into its own building a shed until it's over 70 years old39Ford.jpg42Farmall.jpg

The pic in my avatar is of my Grandmother standing on hay in the back of an old Chevy my Grandfather owned at the time. Not sure of the year. I don't have a pic of the '69 Ford truck they used for hay afterwards.

/ WOO-HOO, I've Bought My First Tractor!!!! #30  
What did you ever figure out with the loader? Did you ever have to make any adjustments to it?