Price Check 1998 LK3054 Price?

/ 1998 LK3054 Price? #1  
Hello Everyone -

Thanks for all the help with this site. For us tractor novices, the information contained here is invaluable. For the question: I have an opportunity to purchase a 1998 Kioti LK3054. It has an FEL, BH and a heated cab. The FEL and backhoe are made by Schwartz Machine Company. It has 30 horsepower and 4 wheel drive. The hours are 215. The price is $12,700. Is it a good deal??? Thanks again.

/ 1998 LK3054 Price? #2  
Sounds reasonable to me. was it used by an individual? It wasn't a rental machine was it?

/ 1998 LK3054 Price? #3  
If it's a '98 model, it's not 30HP.The early 3054's were 26HP, later HP increased to 28. When I bought my 2004 xs, it was advertised as a 30HP engine; only after getting the unit home and checking the engine data plate did I discover the engine rating from Daedong to be 20.9KW. If you multiply the 20.9KW times 1.341(the conversion factor for KW to HP) you'll get 28HP(these share the same engine, TD 1400 B-1). To say I was disappointed would be an understatement. The early hydraulic pumps were also significantly smaller in GPM's compared to the later xs units; 7.5 Gal. Per Min. as opposed to 10 GPM for the later xs. Having said this, the xs is a reasonably competent CUT, but could certainly use more HP; Kioti addressed this with their upgraded LK30 TLB, which IS a 30 HP tractor with an upgraded hydraulic system of 12.5 GPM

/ 1998 LK3054 Price?
Thanks for the input. It is being sold buy the dealer from where it was purchased new and has been privately owned, not a rental. Patches, thanks for the detailed info. From reading your post it appears that I have the 28 HP engine and the 7.5 GPM hydraulics. For what I plan on using it for (moving rocks, digging smallish stumps, maintaining property) it seems like 28 HP would be enough?? Not sure about hydraulic volumes, how do they affect the equipment???

/ 1998 LK3054 Price? #5  
For your intended useage, the 3054 should serve you well. The hoe, at least on my xs, is plenty strong for pulling small stumps, etc. It will yank the tractor around pretty easily. I think you will notice the smaller hydraulic capacity in loader performance, and unless you've operated a later model as a comparison, probably not then. Have fun, and don't under-estimate the tractor's capabilities; it can get you into trouble :cool:

/ 1998 LK3054 Price? #6  
No complaints about the tractor but I'm wondering if the price is a bit high. Check out the various tractor sales sites and auction prices to get an idea. I may be off but these days I think you could get a more recent CK30 based TLB for just a bit more than what you were quoted and I'd think that would be a more desirable TLB so yours would be a good deal at maybe $11000 or 11500 IMO.

/ 1998 LK3054 Price? #7  
I bought a new ck30 with loader in march of this year $13,200 out the door, cash price.

/ 1998 LK3054 Price? #8  
I bought a new ck30 with loader in march of this year $13,200 out the door, cash price.

That's great, but how much would a cab and backhoe add to that price?