Kioti or Kubota ???'s

/ Kioti or Kubota ???'s #1  

B52

Tractor
Kubota B2620 ; also 1939 AC model B
I'm close to buying a new Kubota B2620 (w/FEL), but I'm also eyeballing an equivalent Kioti. I've owned a Cub Cadet 27hp 4wd and equivalent Kubota in the past, but zero experience with a Kioti. All I know is that they're made in S.Korea. I know nothing of their reliability or quality. Can you guys help me out here ? Is there anything I should be aware of ?

/ Kioti or Kubota ???'s #2  
Mine is a 2004 with 875 hours, perform regular fluid changes and the only problem I've had is a broken seat mount which was replaced under warranty. I looked at Kubota and Kioti and in my opinion I ended up with a lot more tractor for a lot less money.

/ Kioti or Kubota ???'s #3  
I have had my DK35 HST for 65 hours now (over a year) and I LOVE it. I have had no issues whatsoever. Plus I saved about $5000 over the equivalent Kubota and got more HP. Not to mention the better warranty, which I have yet to use. I have not had a job too big for this beast yet. The loader had a higher capacity than the Kubota and Deere.

Big thing is find a dealer you like. Mine wasn't so good and I had to switch. I wish I would have switched before I bought. Good luck and either way, I think you'll be happy.

/ Kioti or Kubota ???'s #4  
Am new to this forum and in similar situation as B52. JD compacts seem to sell on the name (which is the only thing American about them). My experience with JD garden equipment/tractors is they really price up the parts/service. A friend with a fleet of JD compacts has had nothing but problems with his last. I know of nobody unhappy with a Kubota. Just yesterday I visited a Kioti dealer. Seems like a great dealer/shop. I am impressed with the Kioti looking specifically at the CK30 and 35 in manual and HST. Right now I have a Ford 2N and tired of babying it and nickel-diming. Like the frame, though.

Will keep and use present implements... single share plow, 5' bush hog, 5+' 3 pt disk, rear bucket scoop, 6' York rake, 6' rear blade, post hole auger. Want to add FEL, backhoe, tiller and new mower deck.

Have never used HST..... would like to hear about strong preferences one way or another. Any major disadvantages either way? HST does look like an easy rig.

The overall features of Kioti seem as good and better than Kubota. Like quick disconnect loader bucket. Backhoe seems like a good mount system. I think I prefer the LandPride affiliation that Kubota has, though. Kioti does not offer a reverse rotation tiller...only forward. Anyone out there can vouch for the Kioti implements?

I especially like the ruggedness of the Kioti CKs...axle housings seem much better made cast. Overall tractor is about 50% heavier.

Both kubota and Kioti offer front weights. Only Kubota has a ballast box...would like to consider that rather than filling tires.

Anyone strongly prefer Ag or industrial tires? I garden 2 -3 acres of produce curently. Will use new tractor for grass mowing as JD garden tractor is done for. Don't want to be too harsh on turf but concerned that industrial treads will fill up too easily in loose/wet soil. On the other hand, I treat a lawn as a utility rather than a place to use $K on chemicals...I'd rather eat my dandelions than poison everything.

What about belly vs. rear hitch mower deck? 30 vs. 35 HP?

Yeah...this is loaded with questons and I can probably spend all day researching other posts.

Would appreciate any input!! Ag....

/ Kioti or Kubota ???'s #5  
I have a CK25. It's been a brute of a tractor. For ground engagment work, the weight and hydraulic flow of the Kioti is hard to beat. Mine is a 2006 with 330 hours. I had the old style loader problems, and just recently my injector pump failed. Kioti did me right on the loader (thanks to the dealer) and I think they are going to take care of the pump too. The new loader is very strong and supposedly there have been changes to correct for the pump failures. Search on here and you'll quickly see where the issues have been/are. All-in-all, I'd say it's a well built quality machine that has had some design flaws in the earilier model years. Most of these have corrected on the new models.

I pressume you are looking at the CK's. If you plan to do a lot of loader or ground engagement work, I'd go Kioti. The L39 is really more along the lines of the CK's wrt to digging capability (at something like twice the price). OTOH the B2620 is an excellent all around machine where mowing is a major task. The CK's are fine for bush hogging. But, for finish mowing I'd pick something lighter.

The most important thing is buy from a good dealer.

/ Kioti or Kubota ???'s #6  
The Kubota B2620 is a really nice machine that is optomized for lawn mowing and general utility work. The Kioti equivalent for comparison is a bit hard to determine however. The CK20 is about the same frame size but has fewer horsepower and only a two speed hydro. The CK is still heavier and has a significantly more powerful loader than the B2620. The Kioti CK27 is about the same horsepower as the Kubota but is much more tractor in every other way including being substantially heavier.

I've owned two Kioti's (CK20 and DK40se) and bought them both over the rough Kubota equivalents each time because the value was just better for the dollar. Kioti's suffer in comparison with regard to numbers and experience of convenient dealers (general point, specifics vary) and with regard to resale value in the first three or four years. However, the resale argument is not much of an issue if you don't plan on selling and if the Kioti costs less to begin with. I lost a total of $2K from my original purchase price when I traded in my three year old CK20 TLB and might have sold it for more if I'd chosen not to trade).

If you are primarily mowing then there is no reason to have other than a light weight tractor to begin with and I'd own a B2620 happily if that was my situation. If ground engagement or loader capacity is important then the Kioti's stand out above the equivalently priced Kubota. I paid about what a B3030 cost for my DK40se and there is simply no comparison when comparing specs as a compact utility tractor. Still, if I were mostly mowing lawns, I'd have gone with the B series.

/ Kioti or Kubota ???'s #7  
I have 1260+ hours on my DK35.
It has been very good machine for me so far. Very pleased with it.

/ Kioti or Kubota ???'s #8  
For what its worth, I bought my Kioti without ever having heard of the brand prior to seeing one at my local dealer, (who I thought sold Kubotas due to the color similarity) when driving by at 50+ mph.
Anyway, after test driving a DK 35se/hst I bought it no questions asked, because of the 4 year warranty, features, local dealer, ability to get what implements I wanted without having to be too concerned that I might need a more powerful rig soon after buying it, etc.
Have put about 50hours on in last few weeks digging sono tube holes, removing the debris the road crew left piled in the ditches from mud season and moving all kinds of things into a dumpster to clean up my yard, etc. Backhoe works well, Bucket is great, and pallet forks are terrific. Haven't used box blade or new model DR. 3pth chipper yet...
I'm more than happy with it- and BTW, I have used Kubotas and Fords in the past for people I used top work for; and I just thought the Kioti was more machine for what I was willing to pay.

I don't think you will be disappointed in purchasing a Kioti.

Good luck...

/ Kioti or Kubota ???'s #9  
...after test driving a DK 35se/hst I bought it no questions asked, because of the 4 year warranty,..

4 year warranty?? I thought these had only 24 months!! I was on the website earlier today...saw nothing of a 4 year warranty.

I also have a concern with current sales promo. I called Kioti HQ and believe even they were confused.

Right now you can get up to 60 mos at 0% with 0 down OR receive a $1500 rebate/credit. Another offer, independent of financing issues, is a free FEL with any CK or DK. Not a bad incentive!!

The dealer told me the FEL deal is only available if you pay cash. That's not what the website says...think I'm being given a song and dance. Anyone know better??

/ Kioti or Kubota ???'s #10  
1st 24months is "bumper to bumper" (except wear items)
Second 24 months is parts and labor on drivetrain.

Warranty Link

On the financing and such--
You can get the free loader OR cash back OR the low rate financing but only one of the promotions.
Can't pyramid them. :D
I wish we could I'd by one for myself. :D:D:D

USA Financing link

Disclaimer at bottom of cash rebate incentive "Block"
"
t_disclaimer.gif

bullet02.gif
All financing is subject to credit approval by KIOTI Finance.
bullet02.gif
Other conditions may apply.
bullet02.gif
Each finance program is independent from the other programs and may not be combined in
any manner."
That darn "Fine Print" LOL

BTI