block heaters

/ block heaters #1  
Tractor
dk50se hst
waiting to take my delivery on dk50se hst. does kioti have a block heater? if not any recommendations. inline hose heater? thanks

/ block heaters #2  
I don't know about the DKs but the CKs do not--though maybe as an aftermarket item :confused:. My dealer tells me that here in Maine they are not needed. He has had no problem starting the engines in sub-zero weather. The glow plugs are plenty adequate. But do make sure that you have "winterized" diesel in the tank. I suspect that this helps with the injection.

/ block heaters
thanks back2earth. i'm moving to northern idaho and tractor will be in cold barn and want it to start when i need it

/ block heaters #4  
If you live north of Missouri you need a block heater IMO

/ block heaters #5  
My DK45S came with a block heater, but I don't know if it was standard equip from Kioti or if they routinely put them into tractors sold in Canada. I used the block heater a couple of times the first winter, but not since then. I don't do anything special with my fuel and, so far, the tractor has started up just fine in the winter. Winters here (in PEI) aren't quite as severe as elsewhere in Canada, but there are always a few days below zero F and a fair number in the single digits F (say -10 to -15 C).
I've been pleasantly surprised at how willingly the tractor starts in the winter.
BOB

/ block heaters #6  
I bought my CK30 used, it had a radiator hose heater already installed. I have never used it in the 2 years I have had the tractor. If it is below 0F, I cycle the glow plugs twice... then start.. no issues. If it is below -20F, I am staying inside so I don't know how well it will start below that. :)

/ block heaters #7  
I installed a radiator hose block heater in my LK2554. It works very well. It will warm up the block and radiator in about an hour. Seems to make starting in cold weather much less traumatic for the engine. I use it when I have time. The tractor starts fine without it, but, not as smoothly. Our low temps are around -15F. Using the bh seems to make me and the Kioti feel better.

/ block heaters #8  
I installed a radiator hose block heater in my LK2554. It works very well. It will warm up the block and radiator in about an hour. Seems to make starting in cold weather much less traumatic for the engine. I use it when I have time. The tractor starts fine without it, but, not as smoothly. Our low temps are around -15F. Using the bh seems to make me and the Kioti feel better.

I am installing an inline heater myself for the same rationalle above. Have never had a problem but I'm thinking warm start is better than cold.

I'd rather deal with a hose problem then a block heater popping out (which would think rare, particularly if professionally installed).

Joel

/ block heaters #9  
I bought my CK30 used, it had a radiator hose heater already installed. I have never used it in the 2 years I have had the tractor. If it is below 0F, I cycle the glow plugs twice... then start.. no issues. If it is below -20F,
* I am staying inside so I don't know how well it will start below that. :)
If it's time for a block heater it's time to stay inside.

/ block heaters #10  
The CK30 stays in the heated garage.
The Expedition, Explorer and the MH Stay outside in the cold.
I think my DW is the only one who sees this setup as odd. :p

Tom