Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tractor
    dk50se hst

Default block heaters

waiting to take my delivery on dk50se hst. does kioti have a block heater? if not any recommendations. inline hose heater? thanks

Tractor
    Kioti CK30

Default Re: block heaters

I don't know about the DKs but the CKs do not--though maybe as an aftermarket item . My dealer tells me that here in Maine they are not needed. He has had no problem starting the engines in sub-zero weather. The glow plugs are plenty adequate. But do make sure that you have "winterized" diesel in the tank. I suspect that this helps with the injection.

Tractor
    dk50se hst

thanks back2earth. i'm moving to northern idaho and tractor will be in cold barn and want it to start when i need it

If you live north of Missouri you need a block heater IMO
    "If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking." George Patton

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    Kioti DK45SC

My DK45S came with a block heater, but I don't know if it was standard equip from Kioti or if they routinely put them into tractors sold in Canada. I used the block heater a couple of times the first winter, but not since then. I don't do anything special with my fuel and, so far, the tractor has started up just fine in the winter. Winters here (in PEI) aren't quite as severe as elsewhere in Canada, but there are always a few days below zero F and a fair number in the single digits F (say -10 to -15 C).
    I've been pleasantly surprised at how willingly the tractor starts in the winter.
    BOB

Veteran Member

I bought my CK30 used, it had a radiator hose heater already installed. I have never used it in the 2 years I have had the tractor. If it is below 0F, I cycle the glow plugs twice... then start.. no issues. If it is below -20F, I am staying inside so I don't know how well it will start below that.
    Jim

- '01 Husqvarna W4814- 48" walk behind lawn mower.
    - '04 John Deere Z-Trac 727A- 54" ZTR
    - '13 Kioti DK40 HST - KL401 loader, DK40 72" QA bucket, LK3054 60" QA bucket, toothbar for 60" bucket, dual rear remotes, 7ft 6 way rear blade, 78" ETA Box Blade, Woods BH-90x backhoe, loaded rear tires, Kioti Canopy.

Silver Member
    Tractor
    Kioti LK2554

I installed a radiator hose block heater in my LK2554. It works very well. It will warm up the block and radiator in about an hour. Seems to make starting in cold weather much less traumatic for the engine. I use it when I have time. The tractor starts fine without it, but, not as smoothly. Our low temps are around -15F. Using the bh seems to make me and the Kioti feel better.
    Bob
    Kioti LK2554

Tractor
    Kioti LK3054xs TLB, 2004

Quote Originally Posted by bncsauve View Post
    I installed a radiator hose block heater in my LK2554. It works very well. It will warm up the block and radiator in about an hour. Seems to make starting in cold weather much less traumatic for the engine. I use it when I have time. The tractor starts fine without it, but, not as smoothly. Our low temps are around -15F. Using the bh seems to make me and the Kioti feel better.
    I am installing an inline heater myself for the same rationalle above. Have never had a problem but I'm thinking warm start is better than cold.

I'd rather deal with a hose problem then a block heater popping out (which would think rare, particularly if professionally installed).

Joel
    Joel
    2004 Kioti LK3054XS TLB
    Woods Box Blade
    King Cutter Tiller
    Three Point Snow Blower
    York rake
    60 inch king kutter tiller
    2000 Dodge Durango 5.9

Super Star Member
    First organized permanent settlement in the northwest territory
    Tractor
    2003 Kubota BX1500/2004 Kubota Bx23/2005 Kubota BX1500

Quote Originally Posted by IXLR8 View Post
    I bought my CK30 used, it had a radiator hose heater already installed. I have never used it in the 2 years I have had the tractor. If it is below 0F, I cycle the glow plugs twice... then start.. no issues. If it is below -20F,
    * I am staying inside so I don't know how well it will start below that.
    If it's time for a block heater it's time to stay inside.
    Tractors 2003 Kubota BX1500 / 2004 Kubota Bx23 / 2005 Kubota BX1500.
    Attachments 60'' Front Blade/48'' Rear Tiller/FEL/Back Hoe /
    60'' MMM/Clamp on Forks/48'' MMM
    South of Canton Ohio L .B

Gold Member

The CK30 stays in the heated garage.
    The Expedition, Explorer and the MH Stay outside in the cold.
    I think my DW is the only one who sees this setup as odd.

Tom
    CK30HST, KL130 FEL w/Toothbar, Rhino 75 BH, Woods 72"RFM, 5' Rotary Cutter, 5' Kioti Box Blade, Woods PHD, Woods 72" RB w/Skid Shoes,
    Pallet Forks

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast