DK45 Hour Meter

/ DK45 Hour Meter #1  

wingbone

Silver Member
Tractor
Kioti DK45SE
Since my deal on the tractor I was supposed to buy fell through, I ended up locating another used DK45. The guy told me it was a 2006 model(he did buy it December 2006) but I could have sworn the other 2006 model I looked at had a digital hour meter and this one was analog. I don't really care one way or the other digital vs analog, but I would like to know if it was an earlier year model. The last one I looked at actually showed only 118 hrs compared to the one I was supposed to buy had 250 on it.

/ DK45 Hour Meter #2  
I don't know when they switched, but A digital hr meter would likely show higher hrs vs an analog meter. Digital meters count time in actual hrs with the key on. A mechanical meter counts hrs via engine rpms. Actual hrs are at pto speed. So if a tractor with analog meter and 118 hrs has been run at 1300 rpms it's whole life it would have aprox. 236 actual run time hrs. (theoretically) My dk40se has a digital meter and I wish it dind't cause I seldomly run it at pto speed. It has 73 hrs on it now in a little less than 3 months!