Went shopping today, what do you think

/ Went shopping today, what do you think #1  

SkipCT

I went and looked at a Kubota 2320 with FEL and BH. Dealer quoted me a grand total of $22,214...a whopping $214 off of list price.

I then went to the only Kioti dealer in the area. He quoted me $18,800 for a CK20HST with "free" FEL and 2465 backhoe.

I know the Kubota price is a joke...is the Kioti price decent? I honestly don't know what I should be paying.

Where I am in western CT the CUTs tend to go to mini estates for rich New Yorkers, so I don't think they are too interested in working out a decent price. When I was leaving the Kubota dealership a guy with NY plates pulled in driving a Mercedes M3 convertible. That's the type of customers they usually get.

/ Went shopping today, what do you think #2  
I don't know, but it seems fair to me. The lowest thing I got a quote for, in the Kioti, was a CK30. Free loader, backhoe, and all, would come to about 20,000. The people in my area generally drive old broken down pick ups.

/ Went shopping today, what do you think #3  
The quoted price of $18,800 (delivered) is about what I paid for my new CK20HST with the Kioti loader and Kioti backhoe and industrial tires in 2003. After getting it I added a bucket leveler, (have read new ones have this too) toothbar, stabalizer pads and bought a shop manual. From what I have read the new CK20 has another one more horsepower or so, a better seat, etc. Got mine at Millertown Agway, over in Millertown, NY. I waited about three or four months since these were hard to find back then in the immediate area. Had fun watcdhing Mike build it out of the steel "crate" even took photos! I looked at Campells but liked what I saw better at Millertown Agway. Mike, at Millertown Agway, is a heck of a good guy. I have not surveyed prices for the CK20 since I got mine but I have read here that the equivalent Bobcat units are a little less expenseive - but they are not orange. I do not know where the nearest Bobcat dealer is to Litchfield county. A lot of folks here (like everyone) say good things about the prices and service from Rick Wallace in PA. I'd check him out if you are okay with buying from a source as far away as 200-300 miles. Tractor on!

/ Went shopping today, what do you think
The quoted price of $18,800 (delivered) is about what I paid for my new CK20HST with the Kioti loader and Kioti backhoe and industrial tires in 2003. After getting it I added a bucket leveler, (have read new ones have this too) toothbar, stabalizer pads and bought a shop manual. From what I have read the new CK20 has another one more horsepower or so, a better seat, etc. Got mine at Millertown Agway, over in Millertown, NY. I waited about three or four months since these were hard to find back then in the immediate area. Had fun watcdhing Mike build it out of the steel "crate" even took photos! I looked at Campells but liked what I saw better at Millertown Agway. Mike, at Millertown Agway, is a heck of a good guy. I have not surveyed prices for the CK20 since I got mine but I have read here that the equivalent Bobcat units are a little less expenseive - but they are not orange. I do not know where the nearest Bobcat dealer is to Litchfield county. A lot of folks here (like everyone) say good things about the prices and service from Rick Wallace in PA. I'd check him out if you are okay with buying from a source as far away as 200-300 miles. Tractor on!

Sounds like you are in the neighborhood! Millerton is not all that far away for me (I'm in Southbury) so that's someplace I need to check. I'm shying away from the Bobcats because of all the "orphan" remarks I'm reading.
Campbells has been in the tractor business for about 40 yrs and carrying Kioti for 12 so I don't think they are going to disappear. I just don't want to pay a premium because I happen to be living in the gold belt (even though I don't have any of the gold!).

/ Went shopping today, what do you think #5  
Have you looked at Woodbury tractor? He seems to have a number of new and used on the lot most all the time and is a very decent man to deal with,.,.

/ Went shopping today, what do you think
Have you looked at Woodbury tractor? He seems to have a number of new and used on the lot most all the time and is a very decent man to deal with,.,.

I drive by there every day on my way to and from work. I looked into the Case/IH tractors but they are all bigger than what I'm looking for. I'm leaning towards a new unit to get the warranty. Appreciate the input though!
Sounds like a lot of people from CT on board here.

/ Went shopping today, what do you think #7  
I just got a new cabbed 45 hp tractor there two weeks ago. He had on the lot, two small ( I guess they are called sub compacts) with backhoe's and mid mount mowers,, Like a Kubota BX series,, Maybe around 25Hp... I know those smaller tractors don't stay around long, and also,, he gets his replacements really quick compared to some dealers,,

/ Went shopping today, what do you think #8  
Let the Kubota dealer know and I"m sure he will beat that deal. I think about 20% off is a good deal to start with.

/ Went shopping today, what do you think #9  
You really have talk to Rick Wallace (he is 84 miles away near Scranton PA), I was there last week and he had some fantastic deals on 20HST. He will deliver for fuel charges. He beat the pants off all the CT dealers and shhhhh no tax.
I bought my CK 20S there and it is one of the best decisions I have made. No regrets

/ Went shopping today, what do you think #10  
When I was shopping two years ago, the best I did on a CK20 TLB was $17500. That's before the CK20S came out. $18800 seems fair. That's about a 3-4% increase per year.

I also recommend calling Rick.