When considering Kioti----DON'T

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / When considering Kioti----DON'T #1  

dadndadn

I purchased a new DK55S in Oct 2008. I love the tractor. There support after the sale is ridiculous. The 2nd day of use, one of the pins that keeps the 3 point hitch from swaying broke, I ordered one in Oct 2008, still haven't recieved it yet. In Dec 2008 I ordered a front grill guard, still haven't seen it yet. I was mowing and a rock broke the back glass on 6/13/2009. I ordered the replacement glass from Greene's Equip(my dealer) on 6/15/2009, I told him I didnt care about shipping cost, to get as fast as possible because of the heat and rain. Still haven't seen it yet, been a week. As I call him each day he has a different reason as to why I do not have my back glass. It is always something that Kioti has done. Finally, this afternoon I call Kioti in NC to try and get an answer. They will not sell direct to me, but I must go through a dealer. I explain that is my problem. She acts like she is helping for a bit, says that the glass is on it's way, but it takes a while for a trucking company to deliver. I worked in LTL with Averitt Express for 12 years as a center manager, I know how long it takes to cover 300 miles (2 days). Yes, I am in East Tennessee, 370 miles from Kioti. So, now I am at the cross roads of what to do. I have a tractor that cost over $30,000 that has 78 hours on it, that I can't get parts for. I am going to trade it for a Kubota so I can have a tractor with a real warranty and service. So, when considering your new tractor purchase, and Kioti seems like it is a good deal, DON'T. When the options and price are so tempting, DON'T. When the dealer says he will support you after the sale, DON'T. When it looks like there is no way it is a wrong decision, DON'T. I wish someone had been honest and told me that when I bought the tractor that if anything happened I would be on my own, but they didn't. I am here to tell you, DON'T buy a Kioti, you will be happier in the long run. You may save 3 or 4 thousand over a Kubota, but you will pay it in the long run if you have just one incident where you need parts to finish a job, and you cant get them. Remember...DON'T!

/ When considering Kioti----DON'T #2  
wow - sounds like a crappy dealer to me. I understand how you would feel though but still, are there any other Kioti dealers in your area you could try?

/ When considering Kioti----DON'T #3  
Sorry for your frustration but sounds like dealer issues to me also. Perhaps a missing link in the lines of communication.

Don

/ When considering Kioti----DON'T #4  
First I want to say sorry that you are having problems getting parts.I have a great dealer here( Michigan Iron & equipment)they have worked with me to get any part that I need within 1-2 days.As far as your Kubota comment be careful for what you wish for.I have waited longer for my kubota parts for my Kubota RTV 900 and ZTR than my Kioti parts.I think you have dealer issues not Kioti problems,just my humble thoughts.Good luck.coobie

/ When considering Kioti----DON'T #5  
Check the dealers on here I think they would drop ship parts to you in a reasonable time .

tom

/ When considering Kioti----DON'T #6  
Hey,
I have walked in your shoes... Well sort of. Eventually Kioti came around and made me content. Part of the reason was I happy was that I end up with a good dealer. Best of luck.

Jim

/ When considering Kioti----DON'T #7  
Try ordering parts from a differant dealer.
I've owned my Kioti for 8 years and any parts I have ordered were mailed to my door within days.

/ When considering Kioti----DON'T #8  
I don't care what color your tractor is, when you get a crappy dealer you think you get a crappy tractor.

It's pretty ridiculous that these people come on with a hand full of post and no helpful technical advice what-so-ever just to say one brand of tractor is junk and no one should buy it. :rolleyes:

Anyone who takes advice from one of these clowns should think twice, caveat emptor...

/ When considering Kioti----DON'T #9  
I have a dk50c....took me 2 months to get a curl cylinder for the loader. I pulled a piston retaining nut off of the end of one, fixed it twice ( the nut breaks loose at the weld ). I got the new one ( they ALWAYS have bled down- only the curl cylinders). pulled the good one off...the piston nut was loose and no washer between the nut and piston. pulled the new one apart...yup loose piston nut. I MADE a back glass for mine outta lexan. PHD shattered it ( my stupid ). I've owned NOTHING but Kiotis since 93 ( lk3054 w/kelley loader, now an 03 dk50c with a kl1590 loader ) LOVE the tractors, the dealers are something else. I understand the OP's complaint. I too have thought about a Kubota HST cab. Kubota's downfall is EVERYTHING is an option that comes standard on the Kioti's....JMHO

Last edited by a moderator:
   / When considering Kioti----DON'T #10  
So is it such a great deal if you have to go through all these "inconveniences" then? I have nothing but good to say about my lil bota, land pride implements and dealer :p

Troy

Status
Not open for further replies.