Kioti

/ Kioti #1  

IED Handler

I know this might be a pretty stupid question; however, I will just shoot it out there. I'm in the proces of buying a tractor and have no experience with Kioti. My family has been prominently MF. I was wondering how you thought a CK30 would hold up for removal of snow (250 foot driveway), yard work, and finished mowing (have 3 acre lawn)? Also has anyone dealt with Upper Valley Tractor?

/ Kioti #2  
That size of a tractor will work well for you. You would have to go the rear finish mower route with the CK30. A lighter machine may suit you better if your lawn gets on the softer side at times. A Kubota B series machine would work well for what you want too if you wanted a belly mower that is easily removed or remain attached while you have a rear implement attached. This is the Kioti forum, so expect to hear nothing but how awesome the tractors are.

/ Kioti #3  
That size of a tractor will work well for you. You would have to go the rear finish mower route with the CK30. A lighter machine may suit you better if your lawn gets on the softer side at times. A Kubota B series machine would work well for what you want too if you wanted a belly mower that is easily removed or remain attached while you have a rear implement attached. This is the Kioti forum, so expect to hear nothing but how awesome the tractors are.

BTW the CK30 is awesome!

/ Kioti
Thanks for the information guys. Does Kioti hold up as well as JD or MF? I worry that they might not hold up as well as the big name brands. As noted, I'm not to familar with this brand.

I do know that the JD 2720 I demoed was pretty gutless and had to be in low range hydo just to get up my hill in the front of the house.

/ Kioti #5  
Read back through 10 pages or so of posts in the Owning/Operating section and judge for yourself if you think they are as reliable as JD, MF, Bota. They are nice machines that offer alot of standard features for a good price, but I don't think they are as reliable as Deere or Kubota.

/ Kioti #6  
I do think they are as reliable. I am amazed at what it can do. It has better lift capacity, stouter build, more features etc than most in its class or price point.

/ Kioti #7  
IED,

Welcome back to TBN after a long absence. You've come to the right forum to ask about Kioti. My CK30 is awesome! :D And if there's anything you want to know about Kubota just ask here also, cause ol' MDM will be here pronto to respond about his preferred choice of brand. :rolleyes:

I noticed you've asked questioned about different brands in the various forums and that's the way it should be.

Thanks so much for your service to our country. It does not go unnoticed. I hope your tour(s?) have been safe and without injury. Sounds like you had a very dangerous assignment. Are you back in the states now?

Don

PS: I would feel very comfortable working with Upper Valley Tractor.

/ Kioti
Don,

Thanks for your kind words. I'm in Vermont but have been deployed twice. I still rember when I got out of the Navy almost 13 years ago and my recruiter advised me that the Guard never deploys.:rolleyes: The last time was route clearance where my Company cleared road side bombs. Not really as bad as it sounds.

Yes, I have a couple of posts. I have been checking around both new and used. There is just a lot of different options out there. I'm just trying to get the best bang for my buck in the 28 to 32 HP range.

/ Kioti #9  
I know this might be a pretty stupid question; however, I will just shoot it out there. I'm in the proces of buying a tractor and have no experience with Kioti. My family has been prominently MF. I was wondering how you thought a CK30 would hold up for removal of snow (250 foot driveway), yard work, and finished mowing (have 3 acre lawn)? Also has anyone dealt with Upper Valley Tractor?

I have worked on all brands of tractors and the Kioti is a very strong and well made tractor and will put them in the same league as the JD MF & kubota's for a lot less money, I bought my tractor from Dave in 05 he did everything that we agreed to + my neighbor also bought from Dave and is happy with the service he received from him .

/ Kioti #10  
I have a used CK30 HST that I bought from Dave at UVT. Dave has been good to deal with, after a year of owning the tractor, I had a question on my hydraulics, he mailed me a pressure gauge with fittings so I could check things out. Turns out the hydraulics were fine, so I mailed the gauge back to him. I use it for yard work, gardening, snow removal of my 75' driveway and 1/4 mile dirt road, with a 7' rear blade. Also use the rear blade in maintaining that 1/4 mile dirt road in the summer. I have no trouble starting the CK in the winter, I have radiator fluid heater, never used it though. I suspect the engine might be a little happier if I did in the real cold weather. The CK might be a bit heavy for finish lawn mowing, especially in the spring when the ground is soft. Kubota's are lighter and better suited to that task if you are going to use the tractor to mow with. I have 2 acres, lots of trees and stuff to mow around and I bought a used commercial Zero Turn mower and it cut my mowing time in half vs my walk behind. Then again, a small section of my lawn is so wet now with all this rain.. I can't use the ZTR on it and I am forced to go back to the walk behind. :(

HTH