Price Check Canuck price check on a CK35HST and DK40SEHST, what do you think?

/ Canuck price check on a CK35HST and DK40SEHST, what do you think? #1  

woodchuckcanuck

Silver Member
Tractor
still looking
I'm still looking...haven;t settled on a brand yet. But I have two prices from two Kioti dealers. The thing is I can't compare apple to apples since each dealer was showing me different models.

DK40SEHST - This was my first look at a Kioti and in retrospect, its more tractor than I need. So, pricing went like this: priced on Jul 29 during the promotion was $42,200.00 (CDN) with FEL and factory cab and 8.5 ft backhoe. Dealer is just about 2 hrs away from me. I'm thinking that price is going to jump is I go back to him since the loader promo is over.

CK35HST - This was my second look at the brand, more in the range with what I need. Promo has expired, priced at $31,500 with quick attach FEL and KB2475 backhoe and SIMS cab. Dealer is about 1 hr from me. I took it for a few laps around the lot. What a sweet ride and the steering is better than my Chev Avalanche. :) Nice tight turning radius too.

Both dealers will deliver but only the CK35HST dealer will come on site and do the first service for free.

So what do you think? I'm leaning towards the CK35 but I still want to take a look at the Kubota similar model because I believe the Kubota dealer can offer better financing. For tax purposes, I'd like to be able to lease it out and just pay a dollar at the end of the term. Plenty of leases work that way. The CK35 dealer says they can lease but the end of term payout is based on the condition of the vehicle (much like a car lease). I'm not interested in that sort of deal.

/ Canuck price check on a CK35HST and DK40SEHST, what do you think? #2  
Although the DK40se has more PTO power, it is not PTO power that is the main difference between these machines. The most obvious difference besides physical size is the loader. One lifts a bit over 1100lbs and the other handles over 2700lbs. I had a CK20 which has a loader just a little less powerful than the CK35 and I now own a DK40se/KL401. It is a different universe when it comes to either ripping trees out of the ground or lifting logs and heavy debris. The CK compares favorably with the equivalent sized Kubotas but the DK is pretty unique in its loader capacity for a 40hp tractor.