Thinking of DK35SE over CK35. Am I Crazy?

/ Thinking of DK35SE over CK35. Am I Crazy? #1  

Yota_85

Silver Member
Tractor
Kioti DK35se
Just as I though I was settled on a CK35, I just coudn't find a dealer who would put a Woods loader on one for decent price.

So, I got some decent prices on the DK35SE. Includes rear remotes standard (which I was going to get on a CK anyway) I must be crazy for even considering the DK.

The loader lift capacity is greater than the CK30 and the price is near that of the CK35/Woods LC102 loader combo. (which would be my preferred package) Though seems like a much bigger tractor for nearly the same cost.

Thought it was TOO big........until I measured the width with R4 tires. SAME (well plus 1 inch) as the CK30/35 w/R4s. It's just a tad longer.

So, from a stability standpoint (traversing hills....which I know we "shouldn't" do, but sometimes you have no choice.......as in my case) would the DK35SE be just as/or perhaps more stable than the CK30/35. Both with loaded tires.

I say perhaps MORE stable than because of the heavier weight of the DK as well as the larger tires. (for more weight while filled)

oh...and yes I've looked at the DK40. That IS TOO big. Too wide. The CK/DK35 is already pushing the limits of size. Though the standard rear remotes and loader lift capacity around the CK35/Woods LC102 combo area do seems appealing.

As always, thank to all for their responses.

/ Thinking of DK35SE over CK35. Am I Crazy? #2  
The DK 40 and 35 are basically the same except the 35 has smaller axels. What I think your seeing is the tires not the machine, a 45 is almost the same as a dk40 only with 4 more hp. And the dk 35 only weights 50lbs less than the 40 and the dk35 is within 100 lbs of the dk45.

The CK 35 is 3100lbs much lighter than the dk series. It comes down to your intended use. It is more of a garden tractor you seek or a tractor.

/ Thinking of DK35SE over CK35. Am I Crazy? #3  
I agree with Baranx4 that the DK35se differs primarily in the size of the axles/wheels/tires. The body is just about identical and there is only a 3hp difference in engine output compared to the DK40se (38 vs 41). The 35 does sit a bit lower and has a lower capacity loader.

The differences between the new DK and CK line is quite a bit though. Electrically operated PTO and 4wd. Bigger operator station. Standard rear remote. Fancier 3PT (compared to the CK20 at least).

/ Thinking of DK35SE over CK35. Am I Crazy? #4  
you're not crazy - go with the DK. :D

/ Thinking of DK35SE over CK35. Am I Crazy? #5  
I vote go with the DK..

/ Thinking of DK35SE over CK35. Am I Crazy? #6  
You won't be sorry buying the DK over the CK I think it is a better fit for the same if not less after equiping the CK

/ Thinking of DK35SE over CK35. Am I Crazy?
Thanks for all the responses.

Can anyone chime in on the stability if the DK35 vs the CK?

Curious if that extra weight would help out in that dept?

Also, anyone have any problems crossing their yard with the DK?
Any not leave "speed bumps" for the lawn mower?

/ Thinking of DK35SE over CK35. Am I Crazy? #8  
Thanks for all the responses.

Can anyone chime in on the stability if the DK35 vs the CK?

Curious if that extra weight would help out in that dept?

Any not leave "speed bumps" for the lawn mower?

Stability and seat of the pants sensation are two different things. I find I get the same tightening of sphicter at about 13-15 degrees on both my old CK20 and the DK40. However, in general wider lower tractors are more stable. The DK is wider yet also a bit higher but I think it is probably a tad more stable. You can also reverse the wheels which would certainly make it more stable but could also cause issues with covering your track etc.

I need to be careful crossing the yard with my DK40se when it is wet, otherwise there is no problem just driving across. I don't know what it will do once I get around to adding about 800lbs of WWF ballast though.

/ Thinking of DK35SE over CK35. Am I Crazy? #9  
I mow my lawn with my DK 35 and it works just fine.
I also mow with a JD 850 that is much lighter (2400LB). No noticable differance in lawn damage between the 2 machines that I can see.

/ Thinking of DK35SE over CK35. Am I Crazy? #10  
Yota, Go with the DK you wont regret it. I started out looking at 35-40hp tractors and ended up with a 50hp cab model. I've had it over 5yrs and its one of the nicest pieces of equipment I have. I drive all over the lawn and sometimes I park it right outside the french doors off the dining room just so I can look at it ( I AM CRAZY ). Get the DK you will love it.

Frenchie