New Member Looking for New Tractor

/ New Member Looking for New Tractor #1  

TheRegMan

Bronze Member
I am Reggie Payne from Morehead City, NC. I have been reading this forum for a couple of months and would like to thank everyone for all the good info posted. This is an extremely beneficial site thanks to you all!

I recently sold my first tractor which I had had for a couple of years. It was a Kubota L3400 which I bought with 1.1 hours in 2007. I bought it for my daughter and her husband to use at our other property (6 acres) where they lived. He got out of the Marine Corps after his last trip to Iraq and they moved to St. Louis where his family is and he grew up. Didn't think I needed the tractor anymore. Was I wrong. We have decided to move to that house. Now I have 6 acreas to take care of so I am going to buy another tractor and necessary implements in January.

I have reviewed this site a lot for info on new tractors along with many spec sheets. I believe I am going to go with a Kioti DK40 HST w/FEL or DK 45 HST w/FEL. I realize I don't need near that much tractor for the property but I am semi retired and am hoping to pick up some extra cash doing bush hogging, box blading, land clearing etc.

The Kubota L3940 is also a good possibility but after the cost of implements, it is streatching my budget a little too far. There was only $2200 dollars difference in the prices quoted over the phone from the Kioti dealer and the Kubota dealer. It seems the price gap between Kioti and the big 3 has narrowed considerably from what I expected based upon comments here.

For $2200 difference I may still have to go the Kubota route again since the dealer is about 75 miles away and the Kioti dealer is about 250. However, I am still seriously considering the Kioti anyway and hoping for great luck with reliability and maintenance requirements if I do. We'll see.

I think I am going to check with Rick Wallace and Little tractor and see if I can widen the price gap enough to make the Kioti a no brainer. I'd be happy to pick it up in PA or IL and take a chance on the maintenance issues for the right price.

Anyway, once again I thank you all for the information you have been kind enough to share. I hope to be a contrinutor in the near future once I get a little experience.

TheRegMan

/ New Member Looking for New Tractor #2  
If you are looking for the best price go to Barlow tractor and use the
"Package Builder" instructions
and go through the process the have the best prices I have seen and they will deliver anywhere in the country for a small fee. Search Barlow tractor here on TBN and see how many have dealt with them. I have bought 2 tractors and several pieces of equipment from them and have never been on their lot.

/ New Member Looking for New Tractor
Thanks for the tip. I will definitaly get with them if I decide to go the Kubota route. A very good possibility!

/ New Member Looking for New Tractor #4  
Welcome to TBN Reggie. :)
Dealer/Service distance to me important..parts don't cost all that much compare to down time or pick up and delivery back..go w/your gut feeling. :)

/ New Member Looking for New Tractor #5  
In my experience Kioti dealers are all over the map on pricing. If you found only a relatively small difference between the L3940 and a DK40se then I suggest you contact another Kioti dealer or even check out Bobcat (CT440 I think is the DK40se). Generally the bigger Kioti dealers are more aggressive with pricing.

Thomas, I understand and agree. Sometimes I am willing to go out on a limb every now and then though if the deal is right. I'm buying early Jan so I'll let you know how the thought process comes along. :)

Ed, I've gotten quotes from a few Kioti dealers now. They are all within $1400. That's a fairly significant difference.

I looked at the Bobcat CT440 and got a phone quote for $22,200. That really would be a good way for me to go based upon the fact that the Bobcat dealers is only 40 miles from here but their FEL specs are pretty poor compared to Kioti.

We'll see.

Thanks for the input.

/ New Member Looking for New Tractor #7  
Get a good deal on the Bobcat and I will hang a Kioti loader on it...
I think it would sharp with the orange loader and orange wheels:D
Or I will just sell you a Kioti;)

Take Rick at his word. He drove 300 miles each way to deliver mine. He might be in the mood for another road trip.

I've spoken to rick. He's a good man and knows how to make a good deal! I'm buying in Jan and unless I find a smokin deal on a used one that is like new, he'll have my business.

Rick, I really wasn't crazy about the look of the "white" tractor. Something tells me I really wouldn't like it with an orange loader on it.:eek: