Price Check DK40SE HST Price Check

/ DK40SE HST Price Check #1  

jmaine

Hi guys, I'm looking at a DK40SE with a loader, 4x4, HST. I received a quote fro $24,900 (before tax), I was expecting something around $20k. Maybe I was overly optimistic? Does the $24,900 seem ridiculously high?

Joe

/ DK40SE HST Price Check #2  
I bought a dk40se hst last June form Hoover Tractor in pa and spent $ 18,750 for Tractor and Loader, $450 for forks. For $ 300 more He would have included first service.

Hoover Tractor Incwww.hoovertractor.net

11715 Old Turnpike Road
Mifflinburg, PA 17844

/ DK40SE HST Price Check #3  
Did that include the "self leveling" loader ?

/ DK40SE HST Price Check #4  
Did that include the "self leveling" loader ?

The KL401 is not self leveling.

Regarding price, there have been price increases since I bought mine but I would still expect to pay less than $20K for tractor and loader.

/ DK40SE HST Price Check #5  
The KL401 is not self leveling.

Regarding price, there have been price increases since I bought mine but I would still expect to pay less than $20K for tractor and loader.

Right, the 1590 and 1595 seem to be, but the O/P didn't specify which loader was in the quote.
Oddly enough the Kioti web site doesn't pop up the self leveling loaders - 1/2 hour ago.

/ DK40SE HST Price Check
Thanks guys, so the $24,490 is very high. If they are firm on that price, I could get a Kubota 4240 with loader for something comparable. Maybe they will move on that number.

Joe

/ DK40SE HST Price Check #7  
Under 20K for that tractor/loader would be a give away price now, even on an 08 leftover. Last june we had a free loader offer from KIOTI that allowed this model to sell in the high teens at some dealers. Also it makes a big difference if the $24,995 is a cash price or if low rate financing is entering into the picture. This tractor also went up again for teh 2010 fiscal year stared 10-1. LIst on this tractor loader is now well over 27,000. Dealers have to pay for the current 0% 60 months promotion and any low rate program takes the place of the dealer settlement allowance (often called a rebate). Hope this helps, hate for you to settle for a lesser tractor for the same money because you think the dealer is not being fair ;-).

/ DK40SE HST Price Check #8  
Thanks guys, so the $24,490 is very high. If they are firm on that price, I could get a Kubota 4240 with loader for something comparable. Maybe they will move on that number.

Joe

I compared the DK40se to the L4240 when I bought mine and at that time there was about six thousand $ difference. Hard to imagine they are close to the same price.

/ DK40SE HST Price Check
Yes, the $24,990 was a cash price, I don't need financing. They did offer to sell me the tractor at an out of state location so I wouldn't have to pay sales tax, but that doesn't seem right to me.

Joe

/ DK40SE HST Price Check #10  
hydrostatic really bumps the price up on tractors. but that dsoes seem high though.