Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: ANYONE WANT TO SEE MY NEW TOY!

Tell us a bit more about how the Blizzard Plow is mounted on the tractor, since it looks to me like a pick up truck type plow. Is it a 96" plow?

Did you have to fabricate a custom mount or does Blizzard make front mounts for various tractors?
    2007 JD CAB 3320 eHydro, 300CX FEL, GX720 Back Hoe, 72" 7-Iron MMM, 48" Horst Pallet Forks
    Lucknow 60" Rear Snow Blower, JD Box Blade 2065
    2013 JD X739 - 60" HC Deck with Auto Connect

Veteran Member
    Approved Advertiser
    Tractor
    MAHINDRA

This is called a Blizzard 8100 the plow is 8' and with the push of a button it will go up to 10' wide then you can hold the button and it will fold the wings forward into a scoop mode.
    You can also work each wing individually.
    It is a truck snow plow with a custom made frame mount that we made in our shop.
    This plow will come off and go right onto my F250 without any changes.
    That was my goal to have one that can go either way.
    The mount will except any one of Blizzards plows.
    I am testing it out to see where or what may need to be tweaked.
    I do have something on the drawing board that I may get into next week.
    When I plow with it expanded out to 10' it wants to lift one side of the ground especially when the ground is pitched.
    I am working on making a mount that will allow the plow to oscillate.
    Wallace Tractor and Equipment
    www.wallacetractorandequipment.com
    rwallacetractor@echoes.net
    RICK WALLACE

(570) 689-7494

We're not just a tractor store anymore!

Super Star Member IslandTractor's Avatar
    Tractor
    2007 Kioti DK40se HST, Woods BH

How long is Amy going to let you play in the snow before she makes you come inside and do some work?

Gold Member
    Tractor
    2007 Kubota BX24

Quote Originally Posted by EddieWalker View Post
    Since I've never lived in a place that gest snow, there are allot of things about it that I never thought of. I never thought or having to get rid of it at a dealership. I'm still wondering what you do with it. Do you just make a big pile somewhere and hope it melts away before the pile gets too big and you run out of space for storing it? Is plowing it like that better then picking it up with a loader and putting it someplace? I can see where that blade would be nice on a long driveway. But only as long as it didn't start building up too much. Even with the cold spell that we had here, I sure am glad that I don't live where it snows!!!

Eddie
    Can't speak for Rick - but here in MD I have actually seen them load snow in dump trucks and haul it elsewhere - for tight parking lots and downtown city areas it usually becomes necessary because there is just no place to put it. Obviously when they have to go to those extremes, snow removal becomes costly
    '07 Kubota BX24, 54" MMM, Woods RB60, Cosmo XB spreader, Wallenstein Thumb, WR Long TB, 8' chain harrow

Facts are meaningless. You could use facts to prove anything that's even remotely true! --Homer Simpson

Tractor
    Several, all used and abused.

There you go. I've read about dump trucks that haul snow and having heated beds, but never connected the dots on why they were hauling snow. Ignorance is bliss. I can see where that could be a full time job in the winter for dump truck owners.

Eddie

Veteran Member
    Approved Advertiser
    Tractor
    MAHINDRA

Quote Originally Posted by IslandTractor View Post
    How long is Amy going to let you play in the snow before she makes you come inside and do some work?

She siad for the next 2 weeks I can play outside cause I am out of her hair
    RICK WALLACE

(570) 689-7494

Tractor
    '10 Kioti DK 40se/hst KL-401 FEL, loaded tires, KB-2485 bhoe, Tuffline TB160 boxblade, Woods QA forks, MIE Hydraulic bhoe thumb & ripper tooth, Igland 4001 winch, & GR-20 Log Grapple. Woods BBX72" Mower. Diamondplate aluminum canopy.

Sorry Rick but that is hardly a snow storm's worth of snow up here in VT! I guess if you really want to test your rig you'll have to bring it up north where we mountain boys can give it a go and put it through its paces. Who knows you might even sell a couple of your custom rigs- I know some guys up here with Ford trucks and Kioti and other brand tractors that would jump all over a 8-10' plow rig!!

Nice work!! About how much would a rig like that go for and what model sizes would it fit?

Eddie, we sometimes dump the snow accumulation into the rivers and streams to make way for more of the white stuff! It gets really wild at the ski areas and their parking lots! We could 'mail' you some to play around in if interested!?
    Last edited by Coyote machine; 01-16-2010 at 02:44 PM. Reason: rewording
    2010 DK-40se/hst, Kioti KL-401 FEL, (with reversible Kioti cutting edge), 72" Ratchet Rake. Fit Rite Top-N-Tilt hydraulics & diverter valve. HLA Series 2000 7' snowplow, Aquiline MPC rear chains.

Scag Wildcat: Kawasaki 26HP, with bagger system. Dr. brush mower, & 42" lawn deck, Dr. self propelled, 6.5HP Trimmer mower. Pro-Mow 3 gang mower, no HP.

Bunch of STIHL chainsaws: 011x 2, MS192T, MS200T, MS180C, MS230, MS270 (Wood Boss), 038 Farmboss, '86 anniversary edition.

Veteran Member
    Approved Advertiser
    Tractor
    MAHINDRA

It is a $5,700 plow mounted on a truck.
    The tractor should be around the same cost once the mounts are developed.
    RICK WALLACE

(570) 689-7494

Tractor
    '10 Kioti DK 40se/hst KL-401 FEL, loaded tires, KB-2485 bhoe, Tuffline TB160 boxblade, Woods QA forks, MIE Hydraulic bhoe thumb & ripper tooth, Igland 4001 winch, & GR-20 Log Grapple. Woods BBX72" Mower. Diamondplate aluminum canopy.

Rick,
    Are you saying the cabbed tractor in the photos is a CK-20? I thought I saw a "D" in the first photo? (BTW, not questioning your knowledge of what you're riding, just curious if you might have meant DK and stated CK?). Also, just to clarify- would that rig fit a DK-35, for instance? (Here's hoping).

Rick said:
    "It is a $5,700 plow mounted on a truck.
    The tractor should be around the same cost once the mounts are developed. "

Wow! I can get a CK-20 for $5,700!!!* That's fantastic

*Just kidding of course....
    2010 DK-40se/hst, Kioti KL-401 FEL, (with reversible Kioti cutting edge), 72" Ratchet Rake. Fit Rite Top-N-Tilt hydraulics & diverter valve. HLA Series 2000 7' snowplow, Aquiline MPC rear chains.

Scag Wildcat: Kawasaki 26HP, with bagger system. Dr. brush mower, & 42" lawn deck, Dr. self propelled, 6.5HP Trimmer mower. Pro-Mow 3 gang mower, no HP.

Bunch of STIHL chainsaws: 011x 2, MS192T, MS200T, MS180C, MS230, MS270 (Wood Boss), 038 Farmboss, '86 anniversary edition.

Super Star Member IslandTractor's Avatar
    Tractor
    2007 Kioti DK40se HST, Woods BH

Quote Originally Posted by Coyote machine View Post
    Rick,
    Are you saying the cabbed tractor in the photos is a CK-20? I thought I saw a "D" in the first photo? (BTW, not questioning your knowledge of what you're riding, just curious if you might have meant DK and stated CK?)..
    Me thinks he's yanking our chain. Rick would break a CK20 if he sat on it. That is a cabbed DK fourty something he is playing with.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast