Price Check DK35SE HST PRICE?

/ DK35SE HST PRICE? #11  
I do not like the quarter inching 3ph on the L3400. The L3400 is real basic. I think even the CK35 is a better machine, and a DK35 is way better.

/ DK35SE HST PRICE? #12  
I'm a noob here but just went through the search for a new tractor over the last couple of weeks myself. These two were both initially on my short list and I can respond with my opinion as to whether the Kioti is priced $3000 too high compared to the L3400. Let's assume they are of equal overall quality and take that out of the equation and just look at features.

Position control vs. inching control
Rear hydraulics standard vs. optional
Rear 3 pt control vs. forward controls only
Draft control vs. none
Electronic / hydraulic 4WD engagement vs. manual
Independent electronic PTO vs. live
Two HST pedals vs. one rocker
SSQA bucket (I think this is standard may be wrong) vs. pinned
Telescoping 3pt links vs. fixed length

There was really no comparison in my mind. My DK35SE HST is being delivered tomorrow.

/ DK35SE HST PRICE? #13  
I had a L3400 and it is a good tractor but not near the tractor a Kioti DK series tractor is.

The L3400 is as basic as it gets and just doesn't compare to the Kioti. It has turnbuckles on the lift arms, no telescoping hitches, no remotes unless you want to pay dearly for them, an anemic loader (compared to the Kioti,) the loader does have quick disconnect but is not Skid Steer compatible without modifications and it is much lighter weight resulting in less traction during ground engaging activiies.

Having said that, it's a good tractor depending on what you want to do, just not a very good value, especially compared to a Kioti.

/ DK35SE HST PRICE? #15  
The Ebay tractor is a 2009 BEFORE they switched to the BLACK on orange which replaces the grey on orange of the earlier production of all Kioti models this past year. I do not know when the orange black combo started rolling out into the world but for sure it was after that particular tractor was made.
Wallace or someone who knows can comment on any other changes that might have occurred when the "trim color "was changed.
Wallace- any thoughts?;)

And I bought what turns out to be a manufactured in 2008 sold in April '09 Dk-35se/hst with the "free" loader program for 21,400 NOT inc tax. $7K for the DK-2485 BH, and some few hundred for loading the tires. Mine did include a kit which allows the bh hydraulics to run at full tilt vs. std. config. Kit is made by Kioti. Also dealer installed a block heater too, no xtra. Free delivery, next day, (from buying on my c card- biggest purchase yet on that one!:eek: Got lots of bonus points!:D
I can't comment on the Kubota, but I can say I'm amazed by what some people are able to do with their CK model tractors- and I know my DK is powerful as he*&!

I do not believe you can go wrong with a DK- 35se/hst if you can afford that model and it is what you need for what you will be doing. Otherwise go smaller and stick with Kioti. Can't beat the warranty. 4 years on entire tractor, and 1 year on attachments, inc loader and backhoe, etc. Zero percent is not the best deal for the consumer- it is a good deal for some dealers to move more inventory. The cost of financing the item in question is ALWAYS covered by the manufacturer/dealer in their pricing plan.
Pay cash and hopefully get your best deal if you can swing the cash outlay.
Good luck with whatever you decide: Kioti, Kioti, Kioti;)

/ DK35SE HST PRICE? #16  
I am talking about a DK35SE.

The DK35se is a fine tractor but anyone looking at one should think long and hard about paying the relatively small differential to move up to a DK40se. This is not a knock on the DK35/KL351 but simply a suggestion to at least look at what the next step brings vs it's cost. Think about how you will use the tractor especially if loader work is a good part of it.

For less than 2 grand upcharge (at least when I got mine) the DK40se with KL401 adds a MUCH more powerful loader (by far the biggest difference as it adds about 1300lbs lift capacity or close to double what the KL351 lifts and also adds 1100lbs more breakout) as well as larger rear axle, front axle and tires. There is only a 3hp difference between the tractors engines so the engine output from the 3cylinder DK35 to 4 cylinder DK40 is not great but somehow that translates to a 5hp difference at PTO. The 40 adds 10% more hydraulic pump capacity too. You also get a few inches longer wheel base and larger axles/tires in addition to that wonderful KL401 loader. Despite the larger size and capacities the DK40 only weighs about 200lbs more so it is not like you are going to a whole different size tractor.

The DK40se is the sweet spot in the DK line as far as bang for the buck goes. When you think about all the money you will invest in the tractor, loader, implements etc. I'd think it's worth stretching a bit if at all possible.

To think of it another way, consider that Rick Wallace who is smart enough to have married Amy and run a fine dealership (well actually Amy runs it, Rick is just the pretty face prancing around the showroom) could have just about any Kioti tractor he wants and he chose the DK40se. What's important about his choice is that Amy obviously approves and that is worth something.

/ DK35SE HST PRICE? #17  
My 35 works so well on my 15 acres I don't think I would gain much by moving to the 40 to warrent the extra $$.
I have dug/built my own driveways, dug all my own utilities, dug the foundation for a pole barn. Moved hundreds of tons of dirt, gravel, rock, sand, Etc.
I can run a 7' rear blade, 6' boxblade, 6' brushmower, 7' finish mower, 6' rototiller, 8 1/2' backhoe and pull a 2 bottom plow with no problem.
If I do a new tractor in the future I more than likely will stick with another 35. Does everything I need it to do.

Last edited:
   / DK35SE HST PRICE? #18  
My 35 works so well on my 15 acres I don't think I would gain much by moving to the 40 to warrent the extra $$..

Just to be clear, I wasn't saying the DK35se is not great or perfectly adequate for many uses. I just wanted to point out that the upcharge for the DK40se/KL401 is not that much considering what you get. If heavy loader work is not in the cards then there is relatively little gain over the DK35se.

/ DK35SE HST PRICE? #19  
For what it is, I think dealers try to get too much money for the L3400 here in the N.E. anyway. To me , it is only a 17k gear tractor w/fel. Even with extras, that tractor has no business approaching 20 grand IMO.