Price Check DK35SE HST PRICE?

/ DK35SE HST PRICE? #1  

300UGUY

Tractor
Kubota L3400, Farmall H
I have been looking at buying a new tractor, and have narrowed it down to Kubota and Kioti. I have a price for a DK35SE HST - with loader, quick attach bucket. Price = $21,730, inc tax. The dealer is about 30 miles away, seems decent. I have a qoute on a Kubota, L3400, HST, quick attach loader, for $20,765, inc tax. This dealer is 6 miles away, seems pretty good also. I really like the DK35SE, but the Kubota is a great tractor, and has a really good rep for quality and excellent resale value. I really feel that the Kioti is priced maybe 3K too high? Am I wrong on this?

/ DK35SE HST PRICE? #2  
Depends....
Are these financed prices and if so what were the terms your looking at?

/ DK35SE HST PRICE?
Depends....
Are these financed prices and if so what were the terms your looking at?

Financing both. Kubota financing 0% for 42 months. No buy down. Kioti, will go 60 months on term, but a 5% buydown.

/ DK35SE HST PRICE? #4  
You don't have your location in your profile, so not sure where you are at. Prices for Kiotis and esp. Kubotas vary by area quite a bit.

Are you taking advantage of 0%/72 month financing from Kioti?
If not your dealer can prob give you cash back in leu of taking the financing.

Pretty much the same I think with the Kubota.

Also, don't think the L3400 if a fair comparison for the DK35se.
There really isn't a good apples to apples comparison from Kubota for the DK35se

The L3400 is a "basic" tractor from Kubota. It is also a little smaller and lighter than the DK.

You could perhaps consider looking at the CK35 to compare to the L3400. Though that's not a great matchup either, but the size and weight might be a little closer match.

The Grand L series, the L3540 in particular is a slightly better matchup. But the Grand L is slightly larger than the DK35se (and about the same weight). The L3540 is certainly a "Grand" machine. Very nice 6-speed HST and many many bells & whistles.
Though a L3540/LA7xx loader will prob run around $25K.

Though not part of your orig question, the DK40se and Kubota Grand L3940 would prob be the best comparison, however with the Grand L still having more "features".
Though the HP, size, weight will be very close, with the DK40 having greater loader lift capacity. (you'd need to go up to a GL4x40 with the larger loader to approach that of the DK40se)

Good luck.
oh, btw. Went through a similar dilemma. I ended up with the DK35se.
Had a Kubota B7610 for 5 years prior to that.

/ DK35SE HST PRICE? #5  
I was just about to say the exact same thing as yoda!

Last edited:
   / DK35SE HST PRICE? #7  
Yes, if UGuy can live with a little less HP, the CK30HST is tough to beat.
Should be avail for $17K (or less) w/loader.

The CK35HST is in a tough spot (at least here in the NorthEast)
It's approx. $2K more than the CK30, and all you get for the 2 grand is 5 more HP.

For another $1-$2K (on top of the CK35) you can get the DK35se. More lift, bigger tractor, rear remotes. MORE everything. If Kioti marketed the CK35 at $500-$800 more than the CK30, I'm sure they'd sell more.

Well, at least 1 more.........I woulda bought one

Last edited:
   / DK35SE HST PRICE?
I was told the 0% is not really 0%. It requires a 5% buydown. Pretty silly and a big negative for me. Basically the dealer is charged 5% on a "0%" deal. I thought the Kioti would be a more competitive in price. I understand about the comps to the Grand L, but like you said, the Grand L has more features. I'd like to buy the DK, but I think I am gonna end up getting the Kubota. The tractor looks really good, but the price doesn't.

/ DK35SE HST PRICE?
Yes, if UGuy can live with a little less HP, the CK30HST is tough to beat.
Should be avail for $17K (less) w/loader.

The CK35HST is in a tough spot (at least here in the NorthEast)
It's approx. $2K more than the CK30, and all you get for the 2 grand is 5 more HP.

For another $1-$2K (on top of the CK35) you can get the DK35se. More lift, bigger tractor, rear remotes. MORE everything. If Kioti marketed the CK35 at $500-$800 more than the CK30, I'm sure they'd sell more.

Well, at least 1 more.........I woulda bought one

I am talking about a DK35SE.

/ DK35SE HST PRICE? #10  
I am talking about a DK35SE.

I know which one you were originally referring to, though if a 30HP tractor will do it for you, the CK30HST would provide a better featured tractor for much less $$$ than the Kubota L3400 you were originally comparing. A little less HP, though more weight and more features is what the CK30HST will offer over the L3400.

Should be able to find a CK30 w/loader for around $17K. CK35's usually around $19K. DK35se prices are $20K-$21K.

But, if you want to keep to the DK35se VS L3400 comparison. DK35se. Hands Down.

And after re-reading your original post, I realized that the prices you posted include sales tax.
Again, not sure what state you live in, or what you sales tax is, but that price for the DK35SE seems good, assuming 5%-6.5% sales tax.