New DK40SE HST

/ New DK40SE HST #1  

gkh7890

Gold Member
Tractor
DK40SE HST
Hey Pack!
I think this is pretty good but wanted to hear your thoughts to confirm....I have a quote of $20,500 for new (in the crate - dark charcol color) DK40SE HST, 401 FEL, R4 Tires (loaded). I'm in SW Ohio. Also, I had a $21,500 quote for a leftover DK45SE HST....that seems excellent but I'd rather put the 1K towards an 84" finish mower at this point.

This dealer also has a light grey model DK35SE HST that I was quoted for $18,600. For the loader capacity & PTO, I'd rather go the 40 route.
Thanks!
G :D

/ New DK40SE HST #2  
Welcome. :) Looks like the decision is: do I give up 5 hp and get the 84" finishing mower. So if the 5 hp is not an issue then it looks like the DK40 would be your choice. Don't live in your area so not sure how the prices are, having said that all 3 tractors are reasonably close to one another in pricing so probably fair.

/ New DK40SE HST #3  
Depends on what your doing with it. I have a DK45SE HST that I use on my farm.
When going uphill with a ground engaging implement or while cutting heavy brush the tractor can be bogged with too much foot in the pedal. Its not a fatal flaw by any means but if I had it to do over in my case 5-10 more hp would seem to be about perfect. I would not buy less hp for sure.
You mileage may vary.

Hey Pack!
I think this is pretty good but wanted to hear your thoughts to confirm....I have a quote of $20,500 for new (in the crate - dark charcol color) DK40SE HST, 401 FEL, R4 Tires (loaded). I'm in SW Ohio. Also, I had a $21,500 quote for a leftover DK45SE HST....that seems excellent but I'd rather put the 1K towards an 84" finish mower at this point.

This dealer also has a light grey model DK35SE HST that I was quoted for $18,600. For the loader capacity & PTO, I'd rather go the 40 route.
Thanks!

/ New DK40SE HST
Mousefield/Warhammer,
Thanks for your feedback. I should have mentioned that primary use is to mow 5.5 acres and finish up the outside of the house with lanscaping and ground prep for a barn and finish prep for our driveway + snow clearing for 150ft+ driveway in winter, carrying firewood to the house (may get a 3pt wood splitter too??). The 30hp range is all I'd probably need but what I've found ergonomically, the DKs just fit me so well!!!! Too cramped up on the CKs. That's really what attracted me to Kioti in the first place.....comfort/ergonomics! Will keep you all posted on the purchase and yes, I know, plenty of pictures!!!!

Thanks guys!!!

/ New DK40SE HST #5  
I bought the DK40se and after three years still think it is the sweet spot in the new DK line. As noted, the DK35 would be just fine for mowing as it actually has 38hp which is only three less than the DK40 but the difference in loader made the choice easy for me as I do a lot of ground clearing. The DK45se has four extra hp but it is kind of a rip off as all it is is the identical engine bored? and/or stroked? to 2.2 liters up from 2.0. Hardly something that costs Daedong $1000-1500 bucks or whatever the upcharge is.

DK40se is the one unless there is a compelling reason to upgrade or downgrade.

/ New DK40SE HST #6  
Strangely enough down here in Texas there were plenty of CK's of all hp flavors and DK45's when I was buying.

I bought the DK40se and after three years still think it is the sweet spot in the new DK line. As noted, the DK35 would be just fine for mowing as it actually has 38hp which is only three less than the DK40 but the difference in loader made the choice easy for me as I do a lot of ground clearing. The DK45se has four extra hp but it is kind of a rip off as all it is is the identical engine bored? and/or stroked? to 2.2 liters up from 2.0. Hardly something that costs Daedong $1000-1500 bucks or whatever the upcharge is.

DK40se is the one unless there is a compelling reason to upgrade or downgrade.

/ New DK40SE HST #7  
Hey Pack!

Thanks!

I'm coming up to my 50 hours on my DK40SE HST. I got it in September 2009 and used it mainly for snow removal over the winter, and some road grading last fall. I paid the same as you. I did the 0% financing and I did throw in an additional $400.00 at the day of the pickup for an upgrade in the rear blade from non-tilt to tilting. In retrospect, I use a hydraulic tilt cylinder now and don't have to get off to manually tilt so ...??? was it worth it?? probably not.

As far as the tractor itself it's been great. If you're going to run in the dark you will need more lights. Powerwise I've had no problem with the 40. I push snow in M and if it starts to bog I just take my foot out of the pedal a bit and the RPM's come right back. I was pushing some trees & stumps over in L and all 4 wheels would spin (soft soil with R1 tires) before it would bog down. (I could tell wheels spinning by expression on Wife's face ... front yard). My epxperiance on the Road in H, it does bog down quite a bit on any type of incline. I took it over to my friends house (about 1 mile away) and on the road I had to take my foot out of the pedal quite a bit. Now I do live in the mountains of Colorado. So if you plan on alot of road travel the 3 extra horses may make a small differance?

In my opnion, I would spend the extra 2k and go with the 40 over the 35.

Carry on,
Phill

/ New DK40SE HST #8  
The Hydrostatic trans is gonna eat up some of your horsepower. Ask if you really really have to have it or whether you can live with pushing in a clutch pedal. I think the manual trans gives you more control, but I'm sure the slushboxers will disagree.

/ New DK40SE HST
Thanks guys....
Did pull the trigger today (DK40SE HST)!:thumbsup: HST is definitely for me. Starting to have joint/muscle pains as I get older (hate to admit it) so the HST pedals seem the way to go. Boys (12 & 7) enjoyed using it to take out the trash this evening!:thumbsup: