Comparison Mechron Features-True 4X4

/ Mechron Features-True 4X4 #1  

BSVLY

Silver Member
Tractor
Kioti CK30 HST
I am really curious on the power and 4X4 capabilities of the inbound Kioti Mechron. Found a few brochures on it.

I have been reading up on the UTV's and see that Kubota and Kawasaki UTV's don't have true 4x4 drive trains. The Honda Big tred has issues too-one being that you have to partially to disassemble it to even change the oil filter, and that if you have the windscreen on it-it sucks in dirt and dust innto the cab in a bad way. Don't know about the Big Red 4X4 condition.

I want a UTV that won't get stuck in the sand and one that I can do routine service on myself with ease.

The Gators-anyone know about the servicing ease? Seems to be a true 4X4. The Rangers seem to have the better suspention articulation and clearance.

Kioti Specs here:http://www.shipton.com.au/daedong/kioti/utiliy_vehicle/MECHRON 2200.pdf

Anyways-any word on Kioti Mechron ETA? and comparisons welcomed.

Thanks

/ Mechron Features-True 4X4 #2  
I am really curious on the power and 4X4 capabilities of the inbound Kioti Mechron. Found a few brochures on it.

I have been reading up on the UTV's and see that Kubota and Kawasaki UTV's don't have true 4x4 drive trains. The Honda Big tred has issues too-one being that you have to partially to disassemble it to even change the oil filter, and that if you have the windscreen on it-it sucks in dirt and dust innto the cab in a bad way. Don't know about the Big Red 4X4 condition.

I want a UTV that won't get stuck in the sand and one that I can do routine service on myself with ease.

The Gators-anyone know about the servicing ease? Seems to be a true 4X4. The Rangers seem to have the better suspention articulation and clearance.

Kioti Specs here:http://www.shipton.com.au/daedong/kioti/utiliy_vehicle/MECHRON 2200.pdf

Anyways-any word on Kioti Mechron ETA? and comparisons welcomed.

Thanks
Maybe one of these years Kioti will finally deliver the Mechron to a Kioti dealer so a person can get a good look and test drive.LOL,coobie

/ Mechron Features-True 4X4
Maybe one of these years Kioti will finally deliver the Mechron to a Kioti dealer so a person can get a good look and test drive.LOL,coobie

Just spoke to a guy who has been test driving one. He confirmed it was True 4x4 and it peforms great in the mountains. Said first batch is coming in late June-ish and the secnd batch in Late Sept.

So I'm saving my pennies for a healthy down and hoping Kioti will pop us a deal or something..:licking:

/ Mechron Features-True 4X4 #4  
I just saw that Bobcat is advertizing a new UTV. Is this the same machine that Kioti has been promising?

Last edited:
   / Mechron Features-True 4X4 #5  
From the pictures we have seen, No it is not. Bobcat is offering Gas and Diesel versions, where the KIOTI version is ONLY Diesel for now.

If you google WNEP TV and find "PA outdoor life", you can see one in action after some other equipment and tractor demonstration.

/ Mechron Features-True 4X4 #6  
Just spoke to a guy who has been test driving one. He confirmed it was True 4x4 and it peforms great in the mountains. Said first batch is coming in late June-ish and the secnd batch in Late Sept.

So I'm saving my pennies for a healthy down and hoping Kioti will pop us a deal or something..:licking:
Well its LATE JUNE-ISH.Still waiting to SEE a mechron at a LOCAL DEALER! (SIGH)Maybe late sept.LOL,Maybe late nov,dec.coobie

The new Deer XUV is interesting too. Gotta see some sort of head-to-head comparison of the Mechron and Deer..

I'd like to know why the Mechron is better and what features it has that makes it "the one"..

/ Mechron Features-True 4X4 #8  
I've got the Big Red. The oil filter is difficult for some to get at but I didn't have a problem (only changed the oil once). The full 4 wheel lock is good but it does make it hard to turn. It works great when one front wheel is lifted off the ground. I don't think I would want to own a side by side without it. I think I would classify the BR as an in between unit. It's not a sport model and it's not a true work horse like the Kubota.

As far as dust goes, if you only have a front windshield dust will get sucked into the cab (I don't have a windshield so I have no problems) but I think that holds true for any thing. The BR is wider than the sport models.

Why I bought the BR is simple. I don't like belt drives. It helped that my BR was a dealer demo and I got it for under $7k. Looking at that brochure the Mechron looks more like a work horse. I would expect them to have it out soon so they can go head to head with Kubota. In the last few years I have seen the RTV's showing up at construction sites all over. It looks like a market that's ripe and I haven't seen any other brands other than Kubota on job sites.

I would like to see it in person. I think Honda focused too much on safety, nets, wide stance, lower to the ground, etc. The only thing I don't care for is the weight of the Mechron but I also was looking for something I could pull firewood around the house, the occasional play trip in my woods, and to haul the odds and ends from my house to my cabin.

I've got the Big Red. The oil filter is difficult for some to get at but I didn't have a problem...

Thanks for the input. In a way-I should wait for the Farm Expo in Feb 2011 and compare them all and then cut a deal. On the other hand..I'd really like to have an UV on the place to help with the chores and landscaping tasks later this year.. There is a Honda dealer 2 hours from me. The Kioti dealer is 4.5 hours away.. other brands probably 5 or so.. Makes it hard to shop deals and get service

/ Mechron Features-True 4X4 #10  
I just saw that Bobcat is advertizing a new UTV. Is this the same machine that Kioti has been promising?

The new Bobcats are a rebadged Polaris with some of Bobcats changes.
I just order some new ones. We are going to bring in a limo one also:p!