DK50SE HST

/ DK50SE HST #1  

jj4osu

I have a local quote on a DK50SE HST with 401 loader for $22,700.

Is this a reasonable price?? I'd just about given up on HST in something about this size bc JD, NH, Kubota all up near 30k...Just found we had a local Kioti dealer, thought the closest was ~300m away....

After ditching the idea of a JD 4520 or something like that, was planning something like a Mahindra 5035 for ~26k. How would this Kioti comare? OR could get a Kioti DK55 w/ loader fo $26,700, basically the same price as the Mahindra.

Which direction would be better??

Using it to run a 7' TR3 arena rake, haul 1000lb round bales, stack 1 row high on bales, plus other general work around our small horse farm.

/ DK50SE HST #2  
It's been a while since I priced these so cannot comment on the quote but I have essentially the same tractor in 40hp size. Same loader. I wouldn't hesitate to take on the tasks you listed with mine so I'm sure the 50 would be more than adequate. Great machine and great bang for the buck.

/ DK50SE HST #3  
I have a local quote on a DK50SE HST with 401 loader for $22,700.

Is this a reasonable price?? I'd just about given up on HST in something about this size bc JD, NH, Kubota all up near 30k...Just found we had a local Kioti dealer, thought the closest was ~300m away....

After ditching the idea of a JD 4520 or something like that, was planning something like a Mahindra 5035 for ~26k. How would this Kioti comare? OR could get a Kioti DK55 w/ loader fo $26,700, basically the same price as the Mahindra.

Which direction would be better??

Using it to run a 7' TR3 arena rake, haul 1000lb round bales, stack 1 row high on bales, plus other general work around our small horse farm.

Hey JJ,

I think that is a pretty good but not great price... When I was looking about 9 months ago the DK45se hst was about 21k with loader, I went with a 40 just because the dealer had two of them and was motivated to get rid of one. I think I was in the 19.6k range but that included a 96" rear blade. I don't know what the 50's were going for back then.

Phill

/ DK50SE HST
Dealer just came by my place to check out my potential trade-in...was over at a neighbors place picking up a massive grasshopper mower that he needed service an storage for a while since a tornado trashed his shed. Seeing they'd come pick up the mower makes me feel good about the customer service.

Anyway, was talking to him about my needs, if the DK50SE or the DK45SE would be more suitable. After seeing what we'd be working, knowing the drag we'd be using, seeing the round bales, the mowing I'll do, etc, he thought I would not see any difference between the two. Same exact tractor other than the engine. Said I'd really only notice it if I went side by side w/ a 45 & 50 pulling something with pretty good drag, or heavy mowing/brush beating, where the 50hp would be able to do it a little faster than the 45.

Price difference is 1300.

So, is the extra 5hp worth 1300?? Is he right, won't "use" the extra 5hp, or notice a difference? Kinda going into it as get the biggest tractor that can still do the jobs...thats the 50hp, but the tractor is identical save the engine, so not sure which way to go. Don't expect there is really a "wrong" choice...would be nice to save 1300, but heck, thats about 7% of the cost, so not a HUGE gain and probably worth it if I really do gain something with the 50hp. Rambling a bit...but what does everybody think.

End of it all the tractor will be either a DK45SE or DK50SE with a FEL, bale spear for the FEL, loaded tires & 1 remote hydraulic.

DK45SE = 22,200
DK50SE = 23,500

/ DK50SE HST #5  
If your property is at any altitude-the Xtra 5HP will help

/ DK50SE HST
If your property is at any altitude-the Xtra 5HP will help

Central Oklahoma. Not sea level, but def not a lot of altitude.

/ DK50SE HST #7  
Easy decision for me. DK45se plus grapple (or other extra implement) will get more work done than a DK50se. No need for extra power you really won't use. Not sure what tires you will get but my R4s are the limiting factor in how much power I can use. I can spin all four, so traction, not horsepower limits what I can do.

I had faced a similar choice with the DK40se vs DK45se. Identical tractors and engine except for 2.0 vs 2.2 liters displacement. I couldn't see paying Kioti an extra 1500 bucks to bore out the cylinders a tad more. Never regreted the choice. If I ever upgrade to a cab model I might get the DK45se just to make up for the A/C parasitic load but the 40 is just fine without the cab.

/ DK50SE HST #8  
I have the DK45SC (gear) model and agree with Island that the DK40, DK45 or DK50 would all do fine for your uses. Saving $1300 would go a long way toward getting another implement like a grapple rake, snowblower, post hole digger or boxblade...etc.
BOB

/ DK50SE HST #10  
Hi,
Save the $1300 plus fuel consumption.

I obviously agree with the $savings but wonder about the fuel consumption. Clearly the 50 would use more fuel when it is pumping out between 45-50hp but is there any reason it would use more fuel than the 45 when cranking out 10-44hp? It is after all essentially the identical engine with a bigger bore (?or stroke). Wouldn't the fuel per hp per hour be identical for 10-44hp?