STOLEN TRACTOR ALERT

/ STOLEN TRACTOR ALERT #1  

bluechip

Veteran Member
Arrived at work this morning to discover a missing a brand new DK45SEC Cab with shuttle shift and KL401 loader. Tractor SN JH720026, Loader SN SS91125714. Thiefs seem to know exactly what they wanted, maybe had an order to fill. Any leads greatly appreciated!

Stolen from ARTRAC on I-40 in western part of Arkansas, could be in Oklahoma, Missouri, Texas Lousiana, probalby wouldnt go east as too long on the interstate.

This is the second time we have been it, last time was about 14 months ago.

Deductible is bad enough, but I will probably be shopping for new and more expensive insurance when renewal rolls around.

/ STOLEN TRACTOR ALERT #2  
Arrived at work this morning to discover a missing a brand new DK45SEC Cab with shuttle shift and KL401 loader. Tractor SN JH720026, Loader SN SS91125714. Thiefs seem to know exactly what they wanted, maybe had an order to fill. Any leads greatly appreciated!

Stolen from ARTRAC on I-40 in western part of Arkansas, could be in Oklahoma, Missouri, Texas Lousiana, probalby wouldnt go east as too long on the interstate.

Deductible is bad enough, but I will probably be shopping for new and more expensive insurance when renewal rolls around.

Sorry to hear about your loss. Our local rental company, a few years ago, lost a truck, trailer and excavator worth over $150,000. :mad: After that they put in a sensor wire thru the chain link fence that is hooked up to their monitored security system. So if the fence is cut or climbed it would set off the alarm. I sold security, camera, intercom and access control systems for 7 years and found that they will keep coming back for easy pickings. Unfortunately you have to keep making it harder and harder for them. Don't know your setup there but if this is your second loss is it time to be more proactive?

/ STOLEN TRACTOR ALERT
Thinking a rifle with night vision, but I guess you can only get away with that in Texas! We are looking at more lighting, video cameras, etc.

/ STOLEN TRACTOR ALERT #4  

I'm sorry to hear that happened to you.

Just one word of advice that you might not think about.

Please double check with the law enforcement agency that took your report and make sure that they have properly entered your VIN numbers correctly into the NCIC (National Crime Information Center) database. The NCIC is the database law enforcement uses to track and verify stolen property. An error in the entry of the VIN can cause your equipment to be virtually 'invisable' in that system and so if a law officer makes an inquiry and doesn't get a "hit" on it as stolen then he'll likely let it pass through.

I recently was involved in a situaion where a motor vehicle theft task force officer in Midland Texas recovered two skid steers and some other equipment through some extra good detective work based on a hunch he had. But, the VIN numbers had been input incorrectly and he did not get stolen 'hits' on them when he ran them. Had he stopped right there these skid steers would have been in use in Mexico now as that is where they were going.

Double check to make sure the VINs are in the NCIC database.

/ STOLEN TRACTOR ALERT #5  
Sorry to hear about the theft. I have no idea how often stolen tractors are recovered but it does seem like you dealers are pretty vulnerable to professional theives. Mellick's got hit a couple times recently as I recall too. Maybe a moat and drawbridge would help.:(

We don't see many posts by individual owners about stolen tractors, presumably because they are kept near residences and that would cramp the style of these tractor trailer theives.

Again, sorry for your troubles.

/ STOLEN TRACTOR ALERT #6  
So sorry this happen to you !! I know that sinking feeling as my Ford 600 in mint shape would not start by the road ...I left it and when I went back in the morning it was gone.

/ STOLEN TRACTOR ALERT #7  
Video survailance systems are pretty cheap now, and you can get cameras that will get license plate numbers even in the dark. I sell them up here in Canada, and you can even check your lot over the net. Sounds like you need one bad. Get the optional machine gun remote.LOL:laughing: But seriously get video and hopefully you can get those BAS$$$ards.:thumbsup:

/ STOLEN TRACTOR ALERT #8  
Check out SAMS club for a camera system. They have a nice setup for around $1300 with a DVR etc. You might even consider one that has internet access so you can check from home once in a while. They also have motion based monitoring ones where motion will trigger a event to send a message to your cell phone about motion in the area. All won't stop a good thief but it'll stop the stupid ones who don't know about your security.

Steve

/ STOLEN TRACTOR ALERT #9  

Sorry for your loss Chip. I concur with the rifle and scope. I haven't seen your place in person, but you can bet they were watching you for a while. Hope you catch the b@stards and hang em high! By the way the DK you sold me is going strong with absolutely no issues!Good Luck!

/ STOLEN TRACTOR ALERT #10  
If they ever catch those who did it, they should have to pay your premium increases untill they return to normal as part of their restitution. As a free vacation Minimal Jail time, really does not really server as a deturant.