Need help on used Kioti LK3054

/ Need help on used Kioti LK3054 #1  

ffemric33

Looking at a used 1996 LK3054 with 650 hours, with FEL, Brush hog, and 6' box blade. Still negotiating price but should be down below $8000 when done. I do not have a Kioti dealer close by and am worried about parts. I do have a large JD dealership close by that stocks lots of parts for many brands, but not specifically Kioti. This Kioti is super clean and very well taken care of.

Are a lot of the parts from this tractor the same as on other tractors?

How is the Daedong engine and getting parts for it since it is a 1996?

What is are your thoughts on this tractor?
- purchasing to mow 5 acres of light pasture grass, snow removal in the occasional blizzard (use ATV for common smaller snows >24"), some dirt work with FEL.

Thanks for helping out a newbie who is tired of riding a lawn tractor for 12 hours to mow the fields 4 times a year!

/ Need help on used Kioti LK3054 #2  
ffemric33,
I would not worry at all about the LK3054. This is a tried and true basic tractor that Kioti has sold for years and still has an updated version called the LK30.
That Daedong engine is easy to work on and get parts for at any Kioti Dealership.
I am sure there are dealers on here that are close to you that would order and send you anything you need.
It doesn't have the fastest hydraulics and the shifter between your legs is a pain sometimes, but it is a strong and durable model with very few problems over the years.
I'm sure you will here from the many owners on this site telling you the same thing.
Good Luck,
Dave G.
KiotiDave

/ Need help on used Kioti LK3054 #3  
I have a 2004 LK3054TLB I like it very much. One thing to be careful on and I'm not sure which years were affected but they've got aluminum hydraulic pumps and they are prone to failure (I've been very luck to date). My tractor starts easy, runs strong, had more than enough power to run a 5 foot tiller and the loader is very strong.

Good basic tractor, I really like the size, big enough to load dirt into just about any truck, but small enough that I'd not hesitate splitting it if I needed to do a clutch.

Real nice tractor.

Joel

/ Need help on used Kioti LK3054 #4  
Some of the XS's had the alum pump.
Anything older than the XS had either a 6 or 7 gpm pump depending on age of the machine.

The main things that changed from the older (early 90's to 2002) to the newer models-(2003-up)
Hyd pump-6 (till 1998)-7gpm (1999 to 2002) to 10gpm (2003 up)
Steering System-Linkage style to full hydrostatic
4 speed shift set up-trans is basically the same but shifter changed
Front axle is different - the XS is the same as original but has spacers built into the housing-all parts interchange except the axle shafts, the latest axle is the same as the CK's-XS and up the axles are all slightly wider stance than the originals.
Engine-There were engine updates as the emissions get stricter they are the same engines the CK geardrive uses.
Dash change from XS up, at this time they got rid of the glow plug indicator and went to a glow plug timer.
This changed a few little electronic things on the firewall.

I think that's about it.