Salesman changed sale price!!!!!

/ Salesman changed sale price!!!!! #1  
Tractor
Kioti DK50SE HDRO Cab
I got an email quote from a Kioti dealer for a DK45SE with cab and loader via an email. I contacted the salesman and told him we had a deal. We discussed everything in detail that was in the email and I asked again if everything was correct to which he replied "Yes sir". I said ok we have a deal but I want to be honest with you I made a deal with a Mahindra guy on Monday so I need to let him know I have decided to buy this Kioti. The salesman then asked what the deal was so I told him. My mistake!!!
I called the Mahindra guy and told him I was buying the Kioti which did not make him very happy to say the least.
About 10 minutes later the Kioti saleman called me and said "I made a mistake on the quote and now here is the real price". He raised the price close to the same amount I was willing to spend on the Mahindra. I will attach the email for the original quote if I can.

Hi Richard

Kioti called and we can get one in about two weeks

DK45SE gear w/loader and cab $24,625.43

And I called around for yours -- $10,000.00

Thanks again for the Opportunity to quote

Your needs

Any ideas on how to hold this salesman to his first quote?
I am mad as #ELL!!!!!!!

Last edited:
   / Salesman changed sale price!!!!! #2  
IMHO, I'd print this out, bring it down to the dealership and ask for a sit down with this sales person and his manager. Very calmly and rationally I'd give them my explaination of events and tell them I'd like to do business with them, but I also appreciate honesty and openness. I don't want to cheat anyone out of money, and I'm sure they don't want to either. Now, I believe they have an obligation to honor that quote in writting. If they don't want to play, I'd call the Mahindra guy back and take my business to someone I can trust. Good luck, I'd sure be upset if I were in your shoes...

/ Salesman changed sale price!!!!!
Tex
Thanks for the advice.
I am very upset over this and I really wanted the Kioti. The only reason I committed to the Mahindra was the Kioti salesman was slow getting back to me. I live in rural Saskatchewan and every dealer is 3 plus hours away so most of pricing is done via the emails it is just the way we do things here because of the distances. I think the salesman also is not giving me the $3500 bonus to be used on implements. He said it had to be applied to the loader price yet on Kioti's site they show a tractor with cab/loader then at the bottom it says the $3500 extra can used towards implements as an incentive to buy more Kioti products.

Thanks ,
Richard

Last edited:
   / Salesman changed sale price!!!!! #4  
Given your distance issues I would send a certified letter to the owner of the company including a copy of the e-mail quote. That way it goes to the right person and it shows how rightfully upset you are. Explain in a letter that you cancelled another deal because you had a written estimate and had verbally agreed to the purchase with his employee. You should be able to find the terms for the $3500 on Kioti' website. I would be sure I knew the details before adding it to your correspondence. If they don't stand up to the original deal, move on. You will never have a good relationship with them.

MarkV

/ Salesman changed sale price!!!!! #5  
Richard
Regardless, you were canceling a deal made with Mahindra, and the Kioti salesman was canceling the deal with you. How are either any less fair than the other?

Not saying the Kioti sales guy was lilly white here either. Good luck.

(could edit the name of the dealer off your post, as TBN isn't a place to air out the dirty laundry. There may be another side to this and the dealer doesn't have a chance to respond)

Hi Mark,
The Kioti website ad has both implements and attachments in the wording but the photo shows a tractor with cab and loader.

To be honest I am about ready to say forget the whole thing. It is very frustrating for me to listen to salesmen. They do this for a living and I never seem to get what they are saying until it is written down for me to look at. Every salesmen I spoke with during this tractor search has changed their stories at some point. I know I am the common denominator but I also am sure about them changing things once I ask to have it in writing.

I started out every inquiry the same "I am going to but a tractor and I spend my money wisely so PLEASE just tell me your best price out the door no surprises and I will either say yes or no". I got surprises from ALL of them like tire fees or dealer prep charges ect.

If there is a dealer in Saskatchewan reading this contact me with your best price I am trying to buy a tractor!

Thanks,
Richard

/ Salesman changed sale price!!!!! #7  
Have to agree with beenthere. He pulled the same switcharoo that you pulled on the Mahindra guy. Of course, two wrongs don’t make a right, but it’s a little hypocritical to be mad at the Kioti guy for doing the same thing you had just done.

beenthere
MMagis

At the time I had not committed to the Mahindra deal %100 so that is why I did not think I was obligated to follow thru with that deal. I understand what your saying and if I had made the deal for sure then a deal is a deal. Mahindra deal hinge on shipping costs from another Province. I did not explain everything in my first post in detail. I just did not want Mahindra to keep wasting their time if I was buying the Kioti. I made my decision based on the email quote for the Kioti.

I told every salesman I was shopping and wherever I could get the best price was where I was buying so they all knew up front what I was doing.

I edited my first post and removed dealer names.

Thanks,
Richard

/ Salesman changed sale price!!!!! #9  
.....To be honest I am about ready to say forget the whole thing. It is very frustrating for me to listen to salesmen. They do this for a living and I never seem to get what they are saying until it is written down for me to look at. Every salesmen I spoke with during this tractor search has changed their stories at some point. I know I am the common denominator but I also am sure about them changing things once I ask to have it in writing.

I started out every inquiry the same "I am going to but a tractor and I spend my money wisely so PLEASE just tell me your best price out the door no surprises and I will either say yes or no". I got surprises from ALL of them like tire fees or dealer prep charges ect.

Couple things. Walk away from this deal and this dealer. Right out of the gate they have proven they are willing to try and screw you....what's gonna happen if you need service, or parts, or....you get the idea. Know when to quit.

Maybe years and years ago the "give me your best price and I'll decide yes or no" worked but not any more. No one is watching out for you except YOU. Do some research to find out what all the "extra" added on costs may be in a deal and then ask specifically about each to get to the bottom line price they are going to charge.

Just my 2 cents. Good luck to you. :thumbsup:

/ Salesman changed sale price!!!!! #10  
beenthere
MMagis

At the time I had not committed to the Mahindra deal %100 so that is why I did not think I was obligated to follow thru with that deal. I understand what your saying and if I had made the deal for sure then a deal is a deal. Mahindra deal hinge on shipping costs from another Province. I did not explain everything in my first post in detail.

I see, that does make things a little different. There should be enough dealers out there that you shouldn't have to worry about that one any more. Even if you have to travel, get someone you can work with.