Who makes engine and trans for Kioti?

/ Who makes engine and trans for Kioti? #52  
I have been selling Kubota tractors for a number of years. I find it amusing to see both sides of this debate. The fact is that I were selling Toyota, how effective would I be if I did nothing but bash Kia and Hyundai? Kioti has come a long way as a company and in my opinion there are buyers that are perfect for the brand.

/ Who makes engine and trans for Kioti? #53  
And Merry Christmas to south Texas:) I'm very happy with my Kioti but sure I would have liked the more popular orange, green or blue if it was in my garage.

Loren

/ Who makes engine and trans for Kioti? #54  
Did someone say the Bota tractors were more YELLOW?! :laughing:
Now that's funny:D
And they taste like chicken too?

Just foolin'
To each one's own.

/ Who makes engine and trans for Kioti? #55  
Kubota and Kioti Side-by-Side:

These were both purchased new in 2006. CK-20 and B7500.
I believe my CK-20 was actually built though in '03 or '04, so who knows if it's got the "new" paint color or not.

I would agree (since I've seen them in real life) the Kioti orange (at least mine) looks more "red" that Kubota which looks more orange like that of a wood fire. I can see where if you added "yellow" to the darker / more reddish orange you would get the kubota color.

Enjoy.

Attachments

• IMG_0797.JPG
    IMG_0797.JPG
    329.3 KB · Views: 255
  • IMG_0798.JPG
    IMG_0798.JPG
    257.2 KB · Views: 241
  • IMG_0799.JPG
    IMG_0799.JPG
    245 KB · Views: 194
  • IMG_0800.JPG
    IMG_0800.JPG
    331 KB · Views: 202
  • IMG_0803.JPG
    IMG_0803.JPG
    280.9 KB · Views: 173
  • IMG_0804.JPG
    IMG_0804.JPG
    277.2 KB · Views: 170
  • IMG_0805.JPG
    IMG_0805.JPG
    272.3 KB · Views: 152
  • IMG_0806.JPG
    IMG_0806.JPG
    465.3 KB · Views: 248
  • IMG_0807.JPG
    IMG_0807.JPG
    438.3 KB · Views: 264
  • IMG_0808.JPG
    IMG_0808.JPG
    287 KB · Views: 242
   / Who makes engine and trans for Kioti? #56  
Sorry to bump this thread, but who really cares about color. As long as a tractor runs well does it really matter. Cat equipment used to be battleship gray and allis chalmers weren't always orange. There are only so many colors and I don't think Montana was shooting to be a JD clone. Also JD wasn't always green. Nor were IH tractors always ox blood red.

Mahindra tractors are the larges tractor manufacturer in the world yet they weren't copying Case/Ih or Massey Furgeson. There's a local dealer who has had the same mahindra on his lot for a year and it was only a few years old when it was traded in. I don't have a mahindra dealer within 40 miles of me, yet they are still the larges manufacturer. As for Kubota tractors, they do have a good share in small tractors but they still don't hold their value in the over 50 hp market. And if you but a JD under 50 hp it's final assembly is in the USA. Aka putting tires on.

But again who really cares........

/ Who makes engine and trans for Kioti? #57  
Well it's time to put in my 2 cents, and if any dealers with better information and specific knowledge will correct me thats great, as it will clear up some of the other misinformation and incorrect suppositions.

Daedong makes ALL Kioti components in S.Korea and tractors are assembled here. That answers the original question.

Bobcat is buying Kioti's from Daedong with modifications to their specs. (Ever wonder why a company like Bobcat would contract with a "scab" outfit like Kioti, maybe because of quality?) More on that later.

Cub Cadet bought from several mfg's including Yanmar, before the deal with Yanmar/CC/MTD was inked. Now they're all Yanmars.

Compact JD's were all Yanmars until recently when they split/divorced. JD built a factory in China, so I guess they'll all be China tractors now not even Japanese!

Ford,NH and Case were buying from Mitsubishi, Sato, and I can't remember who all, then there's MF and Allis/Agco(there's that orange again), ditto previous.

Mahindra makes some of there own compact components and buys engines and components and sometimes complete tractors like ditto above.

Personally when I was in the market I researched for 2 yrs before buying my Kioti almost by accident. I had narrowed my choice down to the 20hp Kioti or Mahindra because of their weight and lifting capacitites were better than anything else in the class. Both had excellent reps, but dealers were sparse, then Galen LaWall in Batavia NY picked up the Mahindra, just about the time I was ready to buy he took a CK20Hst with subframe BH with only 27 hrs, just what I wanted. I was a little skeptical at first , must be something wrong. Galen offered my the previous owners phone number unsolicited, so I called the guy he loved the CK20 but needed a bigger machine and couldn't afford 2 new tractors. So 800hrs later and lots of dirt moved later wouldn't change a thing. Oh and the only repairs other than the infamous loader repair were caused by me, not the tractors fault.

As to Ford /NH and Bobcat, I was buying filters etc from a local Bobcat/NH dealer and got talking to the parts mgr. He said they were VERY happy with BC/Kioti , the repair and warranty rates were lower than any other brand he knew about and didn't give him headaches trying to figure out who made what on that model NH that year!!

Ok I'm done , have at it kids!