Kioti CK30 vs. Kubota B3300SU

/ Kioti CK30 vs. Kubota B3300SU #1  

gregfender

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota L2501 HST
I have found both machines for essentially the same price. I know the views here are slanted toward a particular shade of orange, but could you Kioti owners tell me why I should go your way. Any advice/encouragement would be appreciated!

/ Kioti CK30 vs. Kubota B3300SU #2  
If you haven't, read the reviews for CK25 through CK35. All the same tractor with progressively more HP. My review is there. These tell you a lot about the tractor. Don't know anything about the B3300SU. I bough Kioti in 2006 because of:
weight, hydraulics, ergonomics, and value. Back then, nobody had anything to match up for anywhere close to the same money. Though, from what I can tell, the price differentials have narrowed in recent years. What's good about the CK series is that they've been around long enough that the design flaws have been corrected. You'd be hard pressed to do better.

/ Kioti CK30 vs. Kubota B3300SU #3  
At a quick glance, the CK30 (looking at HST specs for both) has a higher lift height 92.5" vs. 82.6"; higher lift capacity; total hydraulic pump flow is 12.7 gpm vs. 9.9 gpm - very important for future hydraulic attachments; higher 3pt lift capacity at 24" behind lift point; the CK30 is heavier than the B3300 AND all that at 3 engine hp less and 2 pto hp less AND the CK30 is a 3 cylinder whereas the B3300 is a 4 cylinder. I think I'd compare a CK35 to the B3300 to be a little more of an apples to apples comparison? The CK35 has a 4 cylinder w/ 1 engine hp less but 1.5 pto hp more than the B3300.

The B3300 is a new(er) model correct? The CK line has been out for a while so the kinks have been worked out like Gittyup stated.

Both are fine machines and I'm definitely a Kioti fan, but you really need to try each out and see how they operate and depending on your body build, how are they where ergonomics are concerned? Are you cramped, do you have plenty of room, etc.? That will make a difference if you spend any amount of time on your tractor.

I do believe you will get the most bang for your buck with the Kioti! The warranty is better too.
Good luck....just remember to post pics of your new toy/tool when you get her home!:thumbsup:

/ Kioti CK30 vs. Kubota B3300SU #4  
Kubota has like 4 models in this range that are very close to each other. If your doing landscape tasks the 3300SU is a lighter tractor... good in applications where you don't want weight. If your looking for a machine with heavier hydraulics, more loader, capacity, and SSL couplers, look at the L2800 / L3400 / L3200 / L3800. The 2800 and 3400 where just replaced by new models that are just now shipping, and so there are added discounts and financing incentives. Pricing of these machines is very close to each other.

/ Kioti CK30 vs. Kubota B3300SU #5  
The CK35 has a 4 cylinder w/ 1 engine hp less but 1.5 pto hp more than the B3300.

The CK35 is a 3 cylinder as is the DK35. You don't get a 4 cylinder until the DK40:thumbsup:

/ Kioti CK30 vs. Kubota B3300SU #6  
Rick,

Thanks for the clarification.....I stand corrected. I forgot it does have the 3 cyl. I was doing a quick comparison b/w Kioti's & Kubota's webpages and the the CK35 is listed as a 4 cylinder - see KIOTI - run ahead of the pack!. Guess someone @ Kioti needs to make an edit??:confused2:

Guess that brings up a legit question: are the engine and pto HPs listed correctly for the CK35? I'd like to assume so but you all know the saying about assuming?:laughing:

Still a great choice in tractor, either way.

/ Kioti CK30 vs. Kubota B3300SU #7  
I was making the same choice several years ago. I chose the Kioti as it was much more ergonomically correct for ME. Only you know how each one will fit you. At the time the Kioti was also $4K cheaper which didn't hurt in the decsion. IF the Kubota was more comfortable than the Kioti... I would have selected their machine, even with the higher price. You are going to be spending hrs on the machine, you want it to fit you. From a quality point of view, you really can't go wrong with either tractor.